Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post pics of how they ran there a/c lines!!! Having trouble getting mine to go in without resting on the compressor or headers.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is basically resting against the turbo blanket, and we kinda gently bent the line up/over closer to the frame rail. It kind of wedges itself in there. I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow and upload to photo bucket and post them up. My car is dirty but whatever, it still needs tuned and I haven't even bothered cleaning it yet

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes i have turbo Blanket was working good then it somehow moved and meatal part touched the hot pipe and melted the line out of it

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have seen folks take the lowside to a hose shop, have them cut it and add in a few feet of rubber line then route it through the fenderwell behind the strut tower and come back into the engine bay by the radiator and into the condensor.

I myself, just built all new lines from scraps and parts using a GM condensor with the liquid line going into the TOP of the condensor and the suction line at the BOTTOM of the condensor. Made it real easy to work on the car and gets the lines out of the engine bay and away from my turbo exhaust parts. You can find pics in the 94/95 tech threads about moving A/C lines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have any overheating issues with Ac on?
My car isn't tuned for the turbo setup(running on a chip tuned for my Vortech setup) so I can't comment on that yet. I took my wife and son for a quick ride last week, we got on the highway and I turned the ac on just to see if it blew cold, which it did. But as soon as I came to a stop the car wants to die, it's always done this. So I never ran the ac unless I was on the highway. I'm thinking the stock alternator/cheap battery is to blame. After I get a decent tune on it, I'm going to start working on lil issues like that when money allows.

Without the ac on, the car barely gets over 180-190(stock gauge, who knows what its really running at) That's with stock water pump, stock fan, and a stock radiator. I need to get an aftermarket temp gauge..

·
Registered
828 Posts
Had mine away from the turbo, but the heat melted it somehow and it burst freon everywhere. Car was smoking like crazy cause it burnt on the header. Gotta find a solution to this. I need my A/C!!!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Had mine away from the turbo, but the heat melted it somehow and it burst freon everywhere. Car was smoking like crazy cause it burnt on the header. Gotta find a solution to this. I need my A/C!!!
You can come out of the firewall with a 90* fitting and run the hose through the fenderwell entering behind the strut tower. The hardest part is that the orfice tube is in the factory line.

I built my a/c from the condensor to the evap to the compressor with a box of fittings, hose and a good hose shop to crimp the fittings for me. The only thing Ford on my system is the compressor and the condensor. Heck my evaporator is a GM unit out of a Camaro. Search the 94/95 threads for my posts and there are plenty of pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts