Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had the exact same issue with my kit as well. I had to take it to a local shop where they lengthened the passenger side of the crossover and changed the angle. Also, after they fixed that issue, the wastegate no longer hit the vband on the crossover and could be installed with the dump tube facing out. Trust me, I messed with this forever as well to see if I could get it to fit and no matter what I tried it didnt work.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Mine fits perfect...What motor mounts do you have?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Motor mounts shouldn't matter. I got my kit in the fall of last year. Idk how far you have gotten but I ran into several other issues as well. Such as altering the rear flange of the downpipe and had a shop custom make some flow tubes to mate up with the y pipe. It was so far off I thought it was intended for another car.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Sorry mine is a fox body...mine fit with no issues....

·
Registered
845 Posts
Motor mounts shouldn't matter. I got my kit in the fall of last year. Idk how far you have gotten but I ran into several other issues as well. Such as altering the rear flange of the downpipe and had a shop custom make some flow tubes to mate up with the y pipe. It was so far off I thought it was intended for another car.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
Actually you might want to watch because the aftermarket urethane mounts usually raise your motor some I have energy suspension ones and they raised my motor some and my turbo kit was hitting in places it never did before with the stock ones. This wasnt a on3 kit though by the way it was a old turbo engineering low mount setup. But figured for reference they do raise the motor.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Actually you might want to watch because the aftermarket urethane mounts usually raise your motor some I have energy suspension ones and they raised my motor some and my turbo kit was hitting in places it never did before with the stock ones. This wasnt a on3 kit though by the way it was a old turbo engineering low mount setup. But figured for reference they do raise the motor.
True, you are correct. I should have been more specific. I just meant as far as the crossover issue he is having. Different mounts could cause other fitment issues.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Since the crossover is mounted to the engine and not to the body, it makes no difference what mounts are in it when it comes to the relationship of the crossover to the balancer. Engine moves up, so does crossover, and visa versa.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
mine had the issue because of the size of my radiator...it would have been fine if stock

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't thinly its the mounts I am running aftermarket heads tho.. how much did your fix cost you aj. I am not running a y pipe
What heads and are you running?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I really dont see your point here! You raise or lower the motor by useing diffrent mounts! Well you didnt raise or lower the heads which would cause the problem hes having. Its called a poorly made turbo kit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts