Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't find much. I know a lot of people are happy with the fit and finish on their On3 kit but what about the blow off valves and wastegates? Any issues there? How much boost is everyone running? Looking to potentially put the 4V FF kit on my 04 cobra and wanted to see if I should order the kit without them or if they were fine or what.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I got a BOV in a package deal and it looked in good condition but leaked like a sieve.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They are typically terrible. Too important of parts to cheap out on. Most people that buy those kits wisely do not opt for the house brand BOV and WG. Spend the dough for Tial and not worry about those very important components failing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Been using mine for a little over year now. 9-12 pounds depending on where my boost controller switch is set at. No problems so far.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
14 psi here mine seems ok...been on for a yr...drove it today worked fine...

·
Registered
448 Posts
i used mine until this summer then I got a precision gate and mounted it at the merge and recirculated it to the dp. alot more stealthy now. Also got an actual tial bov now instead of the imitation one I had previously. Mine never failed, they actually worked pretty well all things considered.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Im been using on3 bov and 44mm on3 wastegate never once had a problem. Works great even at 22 psi !!

·
Registered
932 Posts
They are typically terrible. Too important of parts to cheap out on. Most people that buy those kits wisely do not opt for the house brand BOV and WG. Spend the dough for Tial and not worry about those very important components failing.
That's what I did. No comparison between the turbosmart and th on3 wastegate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts