Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI. I switched over to Energy Suspension engine mounts over the weekend and now the fitment on my On3 stuff is superb. It was pretty good before, but the 3/4" lower mounts really made a difference in fitment. That is all. :salute:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Thats the motor mounts i have mine is also a convertible..that was a different mount too if i remember correctly...The shop siad the fitment was fine...no problems

·
Registered
873 Posts
the energy mounts where copied from the convertible mounts with sat the engine lower.

and yes the fitment is better with them on all of the kits honestly
stock convertible mounts do the trick too :cool:

·
Registered
608 Posts
that is some good info, i just bought new stock replacments. Anything in perticular or just overall. Gearhead should I return these and get stock ones for the vert? I called and asked Chad he said the regular hardtop ones.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
that is some good info, i just bought new stock replacments. Anything in perticular or just overall. Gearhead should I return these and get stock ones for the vert? I called and asked Chad he said the regular hardtop ones.
My kit fits nice..i do have a convertible and Energy suspension mounts...Kit fit well.....Maybe a way to go for you?

·
Registered
608 Posts
The only thing is I'd want bring my intercooler up a bit more than yours, it's an lx too so it might hang out even more

·
Registered
873 Posts
they work and fit better with vert ones in them. plus the vert mounts are suppose to be stronger aswell.

·
4,310 Posts
New stock replacements from where? Ford quit selling the non vert mounts almost two decades ago. Back in the early to mid 90s they switched to only selling "vert" mounts as replacements for all V8 mustangs.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts