Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone running one of the new T76 turbo from On3 already?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess not...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a 76 journal. Hopefully everything will be ready to start this week. No rush snowstorm on the way.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I have one, the 76 Ceramic BB, billet wheel. Sadly, it's still sitting in storage. Hopefully start soon.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a pretty solid turbo, same here. I am getting the motor together now. The roller is done, going a T5 for now till I blow it apart. Mine is a journal as well...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sure I am forgetting something, the build was put on hold. Sucks cause I had a new DART SHP 331 built, but sold it to move. Just getting back started on it agian, since I got settled. All parts are new, should be alot of fun on the street. Kinda a break down of what I got for now...

.30 Probe TW Flat Top Piston, Stock Block, Rods, and Crank 9:4 to 1
Twisted Wedge 170s with Ford Strokers PAC Springs
6.7 Trick Flow Pushrods
F303 Cam with 1.6RR
MLS Head Gaskets
Proform 7qt Pan and Pickup
Trick Flow Street Intake with 1" Spacer
ARP Head, Main Studs with Wave Loc Rod Bolts
CSR Billet Water Neck

MSD Billet Distrubuter
MSD 6 Plus Box
MSD Coil
Ford Racing 9mm Black Wires

A1000 Pump
A1000 By Pass Regulater
Aeromotive 100 Micron
Aeromotive 40 Micron
Sumped Tank
60lb Injectors
ProM 80mm
BBK 75mm Throttle Body
Professional Products Fuel Rails
On3 Kit with a 76mm and .81ex
4" Intercooler
All AN Connections
-10 & -8 Fuel Lines

Suspension
UPR K Member
UPR Coil Overs
UPR A Arms
Strange 10 way adjustable shocks and struts
33 Spline Strange Axles with Pro Race Spool
Lakewood Uppers
Lakewood Lift Bars
UPR Girdle
Torgue Boxes Welded
UPR Subframe Connectors
Flaming River Manual Rack
Eibach Drag Springs with Back
Eibach Rear Sway Bar

Billet Specialties 15x3.5 & 15x8s with 27x10.50 ET Streets

T5 Tranny with Pro 5.0 Shifter
Ram Pro Grip HD Clutch
Ford Racing Alum Drive Shaft

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And about the video, I am aware there are better turbos out there...I am just building a little street car to have fun in...

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's a nice setup bro! I should of posted all my specs lol. And about the video I think people just like to downgrade us for no reason cause we didn't get the best turbo made. Oh we'll I think ill be happy with mine for a little while. We have similar setups except your EFI and a few more cubes lol. I also don't have quite the suspension setup, I'm in the market for a k member now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Same to you man! I will be posting a ton of pictures soon! Yea, it will serve its purpose for sure without a $1200 turbo...I will make some car shows and get togethers for the most part. What exhaust housing did you go with? Yea, I did all the paint and put alot of money in the suspension before I ever started anything else, I just got all the rest of that in the past two weeks or so...stuff is still coming in. Lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
And about the video, I am aware there are better turbos out there...I am just building a little street car to have fun in...
I'm not knocking on3, curious if the precision compressor housing would fit there turbo? The precision I have the on3 I don't. The on3 situation, looks like they have one size housing and just "drill a bigger hole in the middle". That was the immediate education of the video. Yes for the haters Im aware that regardless of what gets bolted to it or parts swapped it will never be a Garret our a Precision. If I had the time I could divide hp by the cost of the turbo and this would show us bang for the buck. This "mass produced turbo stuff its a hoot"! I wonder if a Magnum housing would fit? If on3 only had dimensional drawings.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm not knocking on3, curious if the precision compressor housing would fit there turbo? The precision I have the on3 I don't. The on3 situation, looks like they have one size housing and just "drill a bigger hole in the middle". That was the immediate education of the video. Yes for the haters Im aware that regardless of what gets bolted to it or parts swapped it will never be a Garret our a Precision. If I had the time I could divide hp by the cost of the turbo and this would show us bang for the buck. This "mass produced turbo stuff its a hoot"! I wonder if a Magnum housing would fit? If on3 only had dimensional drawings.
OK I am new to the Turbo world. Can someone expail why you would swap the housings?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea man, I wish I could help you out. I wouldnt have a clue on that...

·
Registered
439 Posts
i had one lasted about 3k miles then the seal blew! and started smoking from the tailpipes so i made the jump to a precision. overall if your new to turbo's it will get you started.i was plenty happy with my results until the leaking seal. it does look alot like the 76gtsh i swapped over too tho. just my .02

1 - 20 of 21 Posts