Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a 70mm turbo from on3performance. I know they are chinese quality and you get what you pay for but I am on a budget and can upgrade the turbo later down the road if I have problems. I will get a MPT70 if I can find a good used one. My question is which exhaust AR do it get? .68 or 1.0? Does one just flow more exhaust than the other?

Going to keep the power levels as safe as possible(375-425). This turbo will be on a 94 cobra stock gt40 heads/cam and edelbrock performer intake.

I think the on3 76mm turbo is only $9 more lol, but figured that I would be too much for my current engine?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
mp dosent have a 1.0 they are a .96. i used the .68 on my 302 and it got me in the 9's. very fast spool and hits real hard.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mp dosent have a 1.0 they are a .96. i used the .68 on my 302 and it got me in the 9's. very fast spool and hits real hard.
I was actually refering to on3's brand of turbo which they offer in a .68 or 1.0

Does the exhaust AR have to do with how fast it spools?

thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was actually refering to on3's brand of turbo which they offer in a .68 or 1.0

Does the exhaust AR have to do with how fast it spools?

thanks for the reply.

Yes. Lower number = faster spool. Higher number will have a little lag, but will have more power up top. If you are just looking for a quick street car, go with the .68....

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank, I appreciate the help.

Im trying to keep it on the low side being as I have stock internals, so I will probably go with the .68

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I ran Master Power T70 with .68 housing and spool fast, now with .96 housing it's little lag but not by much. If you want less then 600 hp then .68 housing will be fine.
As said above lower the number on exhaust ar faster it will spool.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome! thanks again for the info I will go with the lower AR as I dont plan on passing 450rwhp on stock block.

thanks

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Np here to help :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go for the .96 stall & gears will make up the lag...more HP on the top end! if lag is a issue spray a 50 shot to spool faster + a cooler intake charge=win-win BIGGER is always better!....But what you want you will see no diff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts