Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running this turbo? I'm in the process of putting one on my notch but have yet to hear any reviews on this thing. Post hp/tq and et/mph if you have any experience with the 67mm

My combo:

1990 mustang 5.0L coupe. Car previously went [email protected] with the t5 iron gt40's and spray. I'm hoping to be a full second faster at minimum

Stock shortblock Trick flow stage 1 cam Aluminium gt40x head t moss ported gt40 lower with a down's box upper 255 warbro pump and 42lb injectors

Stock rebuild c4 automatic trans go shift kit 2500and stall (probably too tight but it was lying around) 3.55 gears and a 275/60/15

On3 turbo kit On3 67mm ball bearing turbo upgrade (.81AR) single 3in exhaust dumped into a dynomax ultraflow

Complete upr tubular front suspension & coilovers 14in 175lb springs Strange 10 ways all 4 corners stock rear springs (1 coil cut) Upr adjustable uppers/lowers

Will be tuned on a megasquirt

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i have it 331 afr 185 heads dont have any hp number for you but the car did a best of 11.3 at 125 ####ty 60ft and i have only made this one real pass on the new setup its spools very fast almost to fast i know i makeing a bunch of torque down low.

·
Registered
994 Posts
i have it 331 afr 185 heads dont have any hp number for you but the car did a best of 11.3 at 125 ####ty 60ft and i have only made this one real pass on the new setup its spools very fast almost to fast i know i makeing a bunch of torque down low.
What RPM does it start to spool at? What RPM do you see full boost at? And how much boost are you running?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What RPM does it start to spool at? What RPM do you see full boost at? And how much boost are you running?
Im also interested in this. As well as who actually makes them. Gonna be running a box upper in attempt to kill if some tq and keep the block in one piece:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Gonna be running a box upper in attempt to kill if some tq and keep the block in one piece:D

I know that you Goon! Your car is in my garage. :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't realize the 67 had water cooling capibilities! Can u post a pic?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do you think the quick spooling is more likely because you have a larger 331CI motor and its pushing a lot more air than a 281CI or a 302CI and not so much the turbo? (your car should spool a 67mm turbo a lot quicker than a 4.6-5.0L)

Thats cool the ON3 Turbo has water passages, i did not know that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do you think the quick spooling is more likely because you have a larger 331CI motor and its pushing a lot more air than a 281CI or a 302CI and not so much the turbo? (your car should spool a 67mm turbo a lot quicker than a 4.6-5.0L)

honestly idk but either you get a 67 ball bearing or a 70 journal bearing turbo i think in the end the 67 is a better choice! ball bearing should spool faster then the journal anyway! also i only have heat wrap on down pipe and my under hood temps went down in half it felt like after we hooked up the water ways!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would like to see a dyno graph with both but since we probably not get that id settle for a video or two...

·
Registered
904 Posts
honestly idk but either you get a 67 ball bearing or a 70 journal bearing turbo i think in the end the 67 is a better choice! ball bearing should spool faster then the journal anyway! also i only have heat wrap on down pipe and my under hood temps went down in half it felt like after we hooked up the water ways!

How did you route your water connection from the turbo?

·
Registered
873 Posts

honestly with the journal bearing i see them both spool up about the same on the dyno on the 5.0 and 4.6 cars.. and the mod motor was a ####ty first gen kit. cant wait to see what it does with a 5.4 and the forwarding facing stuff

1 - 20 of 46 Posts