Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been installing this kit over the last couple 2 or 3 months off and on. Upgrading a few things and changing/adding others. But here is my lastest brainstorming episode. The mild steel headers are made from some pretty heavy material so I dont know if it really needs extra bracing or not but I made up something anyway, may be overkill but oh well. I havent ran this setup yet so.. I still need to finish welding out the bracket as its just tacked together for mock up.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Looks good, definately needs all the bracing it can get with all the weight on that header it can fatigue.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I didnt get time to put it all together with the turbo this weekend as i was gone to Texas to the NHRA fall nationals, was a great event

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where do you get the rods for the hime joints
I made them from .625 diameter air cylinder rod stock. The heim joints are 3/8 size.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Finished the bracket out and got the turbine housing on. Turned out good, I like it. After everything else is installed and the header has its static weight load on it, Im not sure if I should just adjust the rods to where it sits at static weight or if I should put a little bit of preload on it to lessen the static load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts