Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this thing go on?? Do I take the stock bracket completely off? instructions are vague, do not have anything about it but telling you to get another belt....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same question! The factory bracket is not used. The large bolt and longest spacer go through the lower alternator mounting ear (spacer between the head and back of the alternator). The other two bolts and spacers replace two of the water pump bolts. You will see which when you thread in the large lower bolt, the other two will only line up one way. The tie rod assembly attaches the upper alternator mount ear to one of the other water pump bolts that has a stud sticking out. (on the far right when facing the engine)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got it...I was being lazy, talked my self into going out and just figuring it out lol..Didnt look like it would be enough support for it the way it is, but is seemed to work out..Now to measure for a belt. I'm only using alt, water pump, crank, power steering. Good instructions though man, I'm sure they will come in handy! Thanks! Funny thing is, Im not even putting my kit on yet, just wanted to get rid of the fugly dress-up pulley kit the po had on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts