Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I went to the track for the first (and only time) on my freshly setup car. My car makes 227 rwhp, have a stock stall aod and 3.08 gears.
I ran 15.2's at 95 all night until i got bored and became a spectator. Question is, is there something wrong, or is that what to expect with a stock stall and highway gears? I dont have my slips here, so i cant give my 60 ft times, but i was expecting it to be much faster. It was really lazy off the line, and i was barely getting out of second at big end of track.

thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
563 Posts
When my 92 was stock with the aod it ran [email protected] mph. That was also with the stock 3.08 gear and on street tires. Belive me a 4.10 will be the single most greatest thing that you will ever buy. Then of course some decent tires.

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey,
I went to the track for the first (and only time) on my freshly setup car. My car makes 227 rwhp, have a stock stall aod and 3.08 gears.
I ran 15.2's at 95 all night until i got bored and became a spectator. Question is, is there something wrong, or is that what to expect with a stock stall and highway gears? I dont have my slips here, so i cant give my 60 ft times, but i was expecting it to be much faster. It was really lazy off the line, and i was barely getting out of second at big end of track.

thanks,
Mark
Mark what's holding you back is the stock AOD and 3.08 gears

AOD

1st gear= 2.40
2nd gear= 1.47
3rd gear= 1.00
4th gear= 0.67

T5

1st gear= 3.35
2nd gear= 1.99
3rd gear= 1.33
4th gear= 1.10
5th gear= 0.68

Your off the line gearing in 1st gear with your AOD and 3.08 is only 7.39 compared to a 3.08 geared T5 car at 10.31, that's why typically back in the day a stock AOD car vs a stock T5 car had the T5 car winning virtually every time.

A set of 4.10's would be tremendous for you and cut major et off of your current times, then later as time and money allow a "worked tranny" with stall and shift kit will cut even more off. Another thing is if you haven't already, get some type of traction drag radials at the very least......you've got power to run well into the 13's you've just got to get out of the hole like a slingshot!....Good luck.

Peace :cool:

James

·
Registered
764 Posts
my aod 91 gt went 14.30 with just 4.10's and exhaust. the gears will deffiently make a difference

1 - 4 of 4 Posts