Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new/used never installed On 3 turbo for my 02 4.6 2v. It is not the nicer Forward Facing kit but the older rear facing header kit. Anyway the only thing missing is the instructions and Chad would not give me a copy because I am not the original purchaser.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions they can PM me please.

thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's pretty straight forward on install. I didnt even us the instructions. Just lay out your pipes and it should make sense. Pm me if you have any questions. I just finished install in November.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thats gay that he wont send you a copy. When i got used MM parts i asked for instructions and the emailed them to me in a few hours. Ill probably never do business with on3 their customer support sucks donkey d***.

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

My understanding is before I even start I should buy upgraded V Bands is there anything else I should know?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
im in the same position as you...ive heard to get better v bands from RPS and a tial bov

·
Registered
40 Posts
Depending on how old the kit is, there new v bands look pretty good on my setup no leaks that I kno of but hasn't seen the street yet. Install is very simple just take your time and look at pics

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got another question for you. Where did you mount your MAF? I see no place in the tube to mount it? I mocked everything up and it looks good I am pumped to get my kmember kit in soon. I went with the Maximum Motorsports for Helion Turbo K Member I hope it fits with this kit too.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have any MAF yet. Dont know for sure what one would be best. I am only shooting for a max of 400RWHP because I really cant kill my shortblock just yet ;) Dang kids keep wanting food sometimes two and three times a day keeps cutting into my Mustang money :evil:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on how old the kit is, there new v bands look pretty good on my setup no leaks that I know of but hasn't seen the street yet. Install is very simple just take your time and look at pics
The kit was shipped to the original owner on 2/2/12. Still has the tracking label on the box and UPS still showed it :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Other than the oil drain line you have everything together. I used hpx slot meter with solder in connection, But vmp tuning has a plug and play harness. You will have to intake pipe cut and flange welded in. The directions for doing on oil drain is on vortech web site.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Other than the oil drain line you have everything together. I used hpx slot meter with solder in connection, But vmp tuning has a plug and play harness. You will have to intake pipe cut and flange welded in. The directions for doing on oil drain is on vortech web site.
SO I get the meter ditch the housing and make a hole in the tube from On3 to mount the meter in?

·
Registered
932 Posts
After the bov and before the TB I put mine close to original wiring comes out . Look at mylittleponies thread in sohc section. I like the way he did his because he put it underneath so it can't be seen.

·
Registered
932 Posts
SO I get the meter ditch the housing and make a hole in the tube from On3 to mount the meter in?
Yes it sits right in the 3 inch pipe just drops right in. I bought slot meter off eBay the flange from race part solutions and harness from Chris at pas.cost about 278 for set up and you will not max it out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts