Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to change my wifes car over from the S-trim to an On 3 kit. My question is what size turbo to get and what A/R exhaust to get. I have been thinking the 76mm with a 81 A/R exhaust. Really concerned about lag being a street car.

Her set up is a 347 with twisted wedge heads and a box R intake, running a comp blower cam. It is a daily driver 5 speed car that see's some track time. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You will not have a lag issue with that setup, i know people running .96AR turbine housings on 302's hitting full boost [email protected] 3200
I have the setup you are asking about and so far i love it. everything looks great and fits fine. i am having a slight issue with clearance between the compressor and alt, but im sure i will have that fixed soon. The On3 guys are great to deal with and have helped me with every issue i have had. I say go for it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
What size turbine housings does this 72mm come in? What's the price on it also?
im thinking the .86. and i cant comment on that, i was there looking at pallets full of turbos last i was up there..lol im working on a complete pricing list. only one that knows is chad..i need that info more available to me lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What power level is the 72mm capible of compared to the 76mm, will be upgrading to an after market block down the road.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
What power level is the 72mm capible of compared to the 76mm, will be upgrading to an after market block down the road.
Maybee I am missing something here?
If you are running a stock block save your money and get the 70mm. It will break your block just as fast as the 72 or 76. My HCI 331 made 497 rwhp at 5psi with standard On3 70 mm kit and broke the block almost in two within 100 miles. Unless you are planning to upgrade to a dart block soon I wouldnt waste the money on a turbo upgrade.

By the way, the 70mm made full boost by 3,000 rpms.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybee I am missing something here?
If you are running a stock block save your money and get the 70mm. It will break your block just as fast as the 72 or 76. My HCI 331 made 497 rwhp at 5psi with standard On3 70 mm kit and broke the block almost in two within 100 miles. Unless you are planning to upgrade to a dart block soon I wouldnt waste the money on a turbo upgrade.

By the way, the 70mm made full boost by 3,000 rpms.
I understand this, I have made over 600hp with a stock block and a 70mm @ 12psi. I have also made over 500hp on a stock 93 bottom end with spray. My wifes car now makes 500hp with the s-trim, if the block breaks so be it I will get a boss block and go from there. I am just looking to buy a turbo once and not have to worry about upgrading later.

·
Registered
873 Posts
well i swear that ass hole chad said something about a 72 mm. in a email, i guess i was mistakin. i plan to visit said ass hole in a day or too, and kick him in his leg, and confirm what that ass hole said. other wise, i may be picking up a bigger turbo for this damn vert. i plan on trying to talk to said ass hole into letting me fab and fit a twin turbo, or big single race kit for foxs. but i has plans on taking said ass hole's surprise new kit and making it fit 5.4 2v cars too. he just does not know it yet...:rofl:

·
Registered
272 Posts
well i swear that ass hole chad said something about a 72 mm. in a email, i guess i was mistakin. i plan to visit said ass hole in a day or too, and kick him in his leg, and confirm what that ass hole said. other wise, i may be picking up a bigger turbo for this damn vert. i plan on trying to talk to said ass hole into letting me fab and fit a twin turbo, or big single race kit for foxs. but i has plans on taking said ass hole's surprise new kit and making it fit 5.4 2v cars too. he just does not know it yet...:rofl:
So what you're saying is, that you have been spreading rumors about this 72mm and it's just a fantasy. Come on you can admit it. haha

·
Registered
873 Posts
So what you're saying is, that you have been spreading rumors about this 72mm and it's just a fantasy. Come on you can admit it. haha
i went up and got a sn kit not that long ago, and he had pallets of turbos every where. and i swear that sob showed me a 72mm he was talking about for the stroker cars(i even asked, whats that going to cost me so i can try it on the stock 5.0 vert and get you some results), or was going to start offering. but every time i go up there he is showing me a bunch of ####, and im trying to rush out cause i had to go get a kit put on. maybe i was in a retarded state, who knows. but either way its his fault :rofl:.i plan on stopping up there and double checking, and getting a stock list..lol

and that ####er always shows me stuff before it made public anyway..lol i know things..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts