Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I would start a new thread so that the photos don't just get burried in the middle of the current thread. It only allows so many photos per post so I couldnt add to the first post either. Im going to reserve a few posts as well after this in order to be able to keep the photos at the top and also be able to add to it over time. These first photos are all the 4v and Ill get some of the 2v next. Also just picked up a HD gopro camera so Ill try and get some new video as well up as soon as the weather decides to quit raining

This cold air setup is not included in either of the 2 or 4v kits, we are considering to build them and make it an option. Let us know if you would be interested so we can consider to put it into a production part

·
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Continuation of the 4v photos, this is the optional cold air intake setup and custom filter we are thinking about producing. If there is any interest in it, let us know

Here are a few photos of the 2v kit, both 2v and 4v kits route the same way. Ground clearance is awesome on the setup and everything really tucks up about level with the oil pan. Note we don't have the front plastic spoiler that goes to the core support. If we had that on both cars, you wouldn't even see any of the tubing. As for power gains, we were able to pick up around 30hp/50ft lbs mid range over the 1st generation kit. Both were making around the same peak but with the boost coming in earlier, it really shows with the mid range power gains. Also the new intercooler tubing is 6061 now instead of stainless. Headers are going to be seamless mild steel and the merge/downpipe will remain to be manufactured from 304 seamless

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Looks good Chad, have you started to ship them out yet?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Congrats Chad, kit looked awesome!!!! . Hope to have my auto done by this weekend.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hehe order with on3 new vband 44mm wastegate, should ship anytime . They are welding vband flange ;)

·
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the end of next week, we should have the kit started to install on the shop car which is a 4v built motor notch. So those interested in doing the kit on the foxbody we will have more details. I just talked to another customer that did our 1st gen kit on a fox 4v and he said he didnt even modify the hotside at all which was suprising to me.

Here is 2002mustanggt ( suresh ) upgrade kit, we just modified it to take the new vbanded 44mm On3 wastegate. Also below you will see the photo of our new 67mm and also have a 76mm Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo option now

Photos are kind of bad but they were just shot with a cell phone before I left the shop

·
Registered
546 Posts
Chad, how much are those new Ball bearing turbos you have going for? I'm considering uprading from the old journal bearing 70mm that came with my kit. Do these BB turbos spool up quicker?

·
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New ceramic ball bearing turbo is $689

Rob, we have a track rental on the 10th at Trails. If the weather will hold off, I plan on taking the 4v out for a few passes

1 - 20 of 106 Posts