Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back today and it made 350hp and 460tq on 12psi, stock On3 kit for a 93 Fox bod, i also have a GT-40 Intake ported stock heads a ford racing F cam and ford racing roller rockers. Not to bad i was hoping for more but it should be fun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got my car back today and it made 350hp and 460tq on 12psi, stock On3 kit for a 93 Fox bod, i also have a GT-40 Intake ported stock heads a ford racing F cam and ford racing roller rockers. Not to bad i was hoping for more but it should be fun.
How far did you pull it too and what was your a/f number? I thought it would make more power but still nice to play around with.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Don't worry about the dyno numbers. to many factors: load, weight, and other things that tuners don't get to specific with. Not to mention you have an auto. Just have fun with it man.

·
Registered
623 Posts
thats sounds right, upgraded heads probably add 100hp and leave torque same or a touch higher.

Id leave it, it'll lve alot longer and still be a low 11 car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 5 speed, we took it to 5200 a/f was 11.5

·
Registered
511 Posts
Remember, about 14.6 PSI almost doubles your N/A power (all things being equal). So if your N/A power with your setup is about 280, 12 PSI should be about 350.

As othes have said, I would not get hung up on dyno numbers if you are a drag racer. Only the time matters :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I know I was just posting the number, im going to build a short block before I get aftermarket heads

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sounds good for pretty much a stock longblock. That's exactly what I want. Put a bad ass suspension in it and go enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
No disrespect intended but your numbers seem low. I would expect closer to 400 rwhp and 500 tq on your set up. I suppose it could be attributed to many different things including the type of dyno and if you were running drag radials.

I have had two cars with the on3 kit and have been on the dyno with 4 diff combinations. The lowest was a stock 137k shortblock, procrap heads, typhoon intake, stock cam and 4.6psi through mufflers. It made 345rwhp and 385tq with the engine hot. It should have made more but we had a prob blowing out spark at 5k. Turns out is was a bad alternator/week battery.

I am planning on putting another kit on a stock 5.0 w aod soon and will post the numbers for comparison.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's funny one guy makes 500+ on 5 PSI & 350 on 12PSI.....Gotta love DYNO lies!
..............If it hauls ass for a street car who cares!.............

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19