Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pheads, cobra intake, and the stock ho cam. mpt70mm on 10psi. Feels extremely stout for 10psi. Thats not turbo lag approaching the camera. The turbo is just really loud as I creep the car up to 40mph in 2nd. full boost is instant and I love it. Letting out around 5600

And some incar for those who want to know what an open down pipe sounds like. Let out at 4500 rpms or so

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt my valve springs are up to the task of even 14psi on the stock cam. I really need to tag her and put her back on the road. Thats all I'm concerned about. Still need to fix part throttle boost, couldn't log it yesterday, but oh well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds sick
I love it dude, it's really drivable. Ill get one complete log one last time soon and convert the afr's for ya. The tune is spot on at wot 11.0. I don't even think it'll be necessary to bring it up a point. It prob doesn't look to fast in the video, but it's really moving in car and I'm happy with it. Ganna run an hx40 srt soon to compare.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I love it dude, it's really drivable. Ill get one complete log one last time soon and convert the afr's for ya. The tune is spot on at wot 11.0. I don't even think it'll be necessary to bring it up a point. It prob doesn't look to fast in the video, but it's really moving in car and I'm happy with it. Ganna run an hx40 srt soon to compare.
Good deal, glad its runing great for ya

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I Love It Sounds Good...
Thanks man, I really need to tag it, it would make my final step in tuning easier. I might cut my losses and put her back on the road in two weeks. I got into dirtbikes and want a second one bad. I hate toys....

·
Registered
206 Posts
What were ur hp/tq numbers? If you don't mind me asking. Mines going on the dyno sometime next week but I'm on stock heads, f cam and systemax manifold. Your car sounds real good!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What were ur hp/tq numbers? If you don't mind me asking. Mines going on the dyno sometime next week but I'm on stock heads, f cam and systemax manifold. Your car sounds real good!
No clue man, I got tired of dealing with tuners and dynos with my old vortech set up. I'd imagine it's around 430 or so with a lot of torque. Turbo car did the tune for me. We just gotta fix some odds and ends, but it's completely drivable as is. It rolls out pretty nicely. Like I said, I'm getter her back on the road because I street tune on this small stretch of road because thats where my car sits in storage miles away from my house. Many more videos to go.

Going to go to TRZ motorsports to get my subframes welded on and the tq boxes welded up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks man, I really need to tag it, it would make my final step in tuning easier. I might cut my losses and put her back on the road in two weeks. I got into dirtbikes and want a second one bad. I hate toys....

im selling my race built quad for 2500 so i can finish my car so i know how you feel. you got a built car and want a dirtbike. i got a built quad and want to finish building my car.lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im selling my race built quad for 2500 so i can finish my car so i know how you feel. you got a built car and want a dirtbike. i got a built quad and want to finish building my car.lol
Well I bought a 02 xr100 to go out with a friend on the weekends. Then I got the bug and it's way to small now. I want a 125 asap. Nothing to serious. I'm sure your quad does work haha. I want both, but then that is more time and money. If you can keep both do it man.

And I'm running 3.55's gears. They seem a little steeper with the turbo than I thought it'd be and it's backed by a t-3550.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Skip the 125 and get a 250 four stroke. Still easy to ride and you won't have to upgrade again in a year.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Skip the 125 and get a 250 four stroke. Still easy to ride and you won't have to upgrade again in a year.
I know your right, but being a new hobby the money isn't there for it yet; however, if my xr would sell, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possabilities.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts