Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've abandoned this.

After looking at my needs and what I already have, I found a nice real low mile 2014 White California Special with glass roof and every other option to add to the stable.

If I feel the need for speed, I will just throw a Roush TVS or something else drivable on the car. I'm not even sure I want to soup up the car. There really is no place safe to use something like that, and I don't need a $40k track car for someone to smash up.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Lots of debates on this forum and SVTP and others about a Coyote vs a GT500. The Coyote is definitely a monster. Also can get them with automatics if that is something you might want. The 6R automatic is ridiculously good.

But the '14 CS fully optioned GT sounds awesome and probably still is even under warranty and everything.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lots of debates on this forum and SVTP and others about a Coyote vs a GT500. The Coyote is definitely a monster. Also can get them with automatics if that is something you might want. The 6R automatic is ridiculously good.

But the '14 CS fully optioned GT sounds awesome and probably still is even under warranty and everything.
This is a perfect car for me. It has two years and 25000 miles of full warranty left, and the remaining 4yr / 45k remaining on drive line.

A real nice 2012 Shelby would have been 10K more, but a 13 or 14 would have killed me on price.

I'm really enjoying it. I can race my other cars.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Heh you can race THAT car... doesn't take much to put them well into the 11s and still get great MPG for DD use.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Heh you can race THAT car... doesn't take much to put them well into the 11s and still get great MPG for DD use.
There goes the warranty. I guess I could get a dealer to install a Roush TVS or Motorsport and buy the drive line warranty.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Nah, they can do that NA. Especially the auto. But yeah will need a tune which will likely bork the warranty.

Either way glad you got what you wanted. That's the biggest hit on the older GT500s is that you can get a near new year old loaded Coyote for the same price or less.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I checked and my cost on a Phase three kit, because of "friends and family" pricing, is under $6k

So that buys this kit:

2011-2014 Ford Mustang Supercharger - Phase 3 675 HP Calibrated

To get a warranty it has to be installed by an ASE mechanic or by Roush, and that is about $1k plus 1k for 3/36 warranty plan. So I'd have about $8k in the 675 HP kit with a warranty, or if I did it here about $6k and 10-15 hours, but it would void any failure caused by the SC installation.

I'm thinking about the phase 3. They said they have never had an engine failure yet with their tune because it is pretty conservative, and the A6's are tough enough even when stock. If I tote the car up to them, there could be no finger pointing if something went wrong.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
You got the auto? Good. How fast do you want/need to go? I'd be putting that money into a real good converter and suspension and tires before I went putting 675hp into a car on stock suspension TBTH. Automatic bolt on/converter Coyote with a good tune and some suspension and tires is a low 11 second car full weight that you can DD no problem.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You got the auto? Good. How fast do you want/need to go? I'd be putting that money into a real good converter and suspension and tires before I went putting 675hp into a car on stock suspension TBTH. Automatic bolt on/converter Coyote with a good tune and some suspension and tires is a low 11 second car full weight that you can DD no problem.
I really don't want to change the suspension. This car is way tighter than my 11 and 12 GT's for some reason. Maybe Ford changed something by 14, or maybe because the other cars have 30-40k miles.

I think a stage 3 blower would make it just nice enough.

Even though this is the most favorite Mustang I have ever had so far, I haven't completely lost my fever for a GT500, so maybe a blower will cool me off until the GT500's drop more.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think you made a great decision...you won't be worrying about how much mileage or use you put on and another $10k will add some good upgrades. I'm going to have to do some more research on that 675hp kit, seems like good deal.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
how much do you really save?

I'm not worrying about how many miles I put on my car, it's mine till I'm dead........
Appearance and features I like are what limited my choices. I looked pretty hard for a month or two, and even got screwed out of a deposit by an Indiana Chevy dealer (my CC company will get my money back).

For about $10k total difference from a 2011 trade with tax, I got a 14 GT/CS with everything I want.I would have spent over 30k difference to get a GT500 with similar features, age, and mileage.

It turned out to just be a far better deal to get a 14 GT/CS, although I still would like to have a later generation GT500.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I like the stripes, but that's a personal thing. I picked up a '13-'14 TVS and will be able to make 600+ to the wheels easy with a tune. Nice thing being the warranty is running out anyway - I've been waiting for 3 years to modify the car - lol. Maybe you'll pick one up someday - mine is base with just glass roof and bigger stereo (all I wanted anyway) and it was just a couple grand more new than the loaded one you quoted above - something to consider...

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What year is that one? I'm still looking, but now I can cherry pick.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
What year is that one? I'm still looking, but now I can cherry pick.
Mine is a '12. Picked it up in Nov. '11. I wanted the aluminum engine, kona blue and glass roof, that's it. Didn't want the stiffer suspension and actually prefer the looks of the non-SVTPP wheels. It will make the same power as a '13-'14 with a $1500 TVS take-off and a tune.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Mine is a '12. Picked it up in Nov. '11. I wanted the aluminum engine, kona blue and glass roof, that's it. Didn't want the stiffer suspension and actually prefer the looks of the non-SVTPP wheels. It will make the same power as a '13-'14 with a $1500 TVS take-off and a tune.
Good choice on engine! I felt the same way about the aluminum block. Appearance is a personal preference, and I just like plain vanilla and a glass roof.

Maybe the 13/14 will drop in price. I can't bring myself to pay much over 40K for a car, when I can buy a rental property that pays me $800 a month for life.

:)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nice looking car, Tom.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts