Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know there might be some flames for this but I think they look cool. I E-mailed them and I hope to get a reply from then on the Side Window Louvers. Talk about making the late model look some what like the Classic.
What do you all think about these? (side window Louvers)
:confused:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think it would look better on a gt:rolleyes: Theres something to the Side Window Louvers, but I can do without the rear window thing... heh.
Dan

·
Registered
66 Posts
side yes, back no.

Shane

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dudes! Most of you are probably too young to remember, but Ford was putting rear window louvers on the Stang (Boss 302 and Mach 1) back in the very early '70s, long before Chevy copied them. Love the louvers and the side panels. Got the louvers already and was always looking for the side window louvers. My favorite stang EVER was the '66 Fastback with the side louvers...beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
After looking at the side louvers some more I think the rear of the opening should be more round to complement the 94-98 body style and not squared off. I hope they produce some just for the early body style then I would buy a set.

Dwayne

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
bierbelly said:
Dudes! Most of you are probably too young to remember, but Ford was putting rear window louvers on the Stang (Boss 302 and Mach 1) back in the very early '70s, long before Chevy copied them. Love the louvers and the side panels. Got the louvers already and was always looking for the side window louvers. My favorite stang EVER was the '66 Fastback with the side louvers...beautiful car.
I remember them. One of my favorite cars is the 71 mach1 w/ rear louvers! Problem is that those don't remind me of a 71 mach 1, they remind me of a light blue, primer grey, rust red, 87 camaro w/ hanging mufflers and broken t tops. Like the sides though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I dislike most Stang exterior mods. I like the louvers on this car. It does look like the old Stangs to me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
mrvax said:
I dislike most Stang exterior mods. I like the louvers on this car. It does look like the old Stangs to me.
[shakes head]...showing your age, dude.;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
What the hell!

:barf: It looks like someone pulled that thing right off the 82 Mustang GT I had.

It looked hideous then and still does.

What's up with the side louvers.. I mean could you ask for any larger blind spot? I mean why not just some black pray paint and paint the side windows.. I mean that's about what you'd see at a quick glance (nothing)!

Nope... Save your money and buy some illuminated winshield wiper sprayers.. Those look just as good.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
I'm all for retro styling but this has gone a little too far. I liked the Mach and Boss models too, but I don't think the current rear window is raked enough to pull this look off. The side louvers just look out of place to me.

IMHO, some things should be left in the past. Like louvers. And CDs dangling from the rear view mirror. ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
cw21726 said:
I'm all for retro styling but this has gone a little too far. I liked the Mach and Boss models too, but I don't think the current rear window is raked enough to pull this look off. The side louvers just look out of place to me.

IMHO, some things should be left in the past. Like louvers. And CDs dangling from the rear view mirror. ;)
OK then, how about fuzzy dice?:D Or Torque Thrust (Bullit) wheels?

·
Registered
516 Posts
If I did not have a vert, I would get both. And yeah I'm an old fart, that's why I like them. Reminds me of the Mach I (1970 that is).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've seen another kit similar to the back. It's made of ABS plastic and is more contoured. I never did stop to ask the guy about them though.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Fast Eddie 2k1 GT said:
If I did not have a vert, I would get both. And yeah I'm an old fart, that's why I like them. Reminds me of the Mach I (1970 that is).
:confused: You mean the fuzzy dice and the bullit wheels?;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
You mean the fuzzy dice
Next you will be picking on the curb feelers!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I am an old guy and I like Fuzzy Dice too!!!

Go drive a 1967 Fastback with airshocks and big tires if you want to talk about blind spots. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts