Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not quite ready to do this whole project but I want to start looking for the parts. I DO NOT WANT TO JUST TRADE THE IRS FOR LIVE AXLE. I want to keep everything to put it back to stock later on down the road if I sold it or something. What year car do I need to get the rear end out of? Where is the best place to look for the parts? Are there any write-ups of this whole project? If there is any info on the parts need that what I am mainly looking for right now. I am guess that I will need to find a 99+ gt that is trashed so I can keep traction control.(although it is turned off with my chip)

Thanks for any help possible

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ford sells a '99 live axle setup complete for $799. You will also need a set of control arms,driveshaft, and a set of shocks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did the solid axle swap and used a 99 GT axle that had ABS/traction control and was complete w/ the brakes on it already. If you want those features, you'll need a 99+ axle that came with them. As far as the little things like e-brake cables, pinion snubber & bracket and exhaust hangars I bought those from the Ford dealer. For the axle itself I posted a wanted ad in the Corral and Stangnet classifieds. Everything else was aftermarket.
The axle BYBOTIE commented on does not come with brakes or any brake lines, plus it comes with factory 28 spline axles and carrier. Something to think about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts