10111- has a steel wire ring
10112- has a copper wire ring

which one is best for iron heads??

thanks,
adam

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
Neither, of the two listed the 10111. But I would run the conventional FORD replacement gasket (felpro standard graphite head gaasket) Less likly to have any problems, better seal, less coast, and no machining required.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok, thanks guys.

i just heard that the wire ring helps aid sealing. so its not worth it???

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so i just went and picked up the head gaskets that billy recomended.

are the head gaskets only supposed to have the rear coolant ports open? why is this??

and for the middle coolant passages, they only have small holes to flow through. can or should i open these up a bit?

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
The open coolant holes go towards the rear. Don't open up any of the coolant holes, I don't want to get technical right now, but, they are that size for a reason. I have the motorsport graphite gaskets on my car, and it runs nice and cool. Also using N2O with no sealing problems!!!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks,
i just didnt know if they were supposed to be closed like that. i didnt want my temp rising with this head change.

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Holes in the back:

Think of where water comes into the block, the front at the pump. Think of where water leaves the heads, also the front, out of the intake manifold. If there were holes in the front, the water would bypass the block and heads and go straight from the pump to the radiator. The blocked off front holes forces the water to go front to back of the block, into the heads, back to front of the heads, and finally out of the intake. I think the little holes you mentioned are just to help get air out.

Billy

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Billy, that cleared it up...

adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts