Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight oil pan leak. Several bolts were loose especially near the rear of the engine. I snugged them up and it did not improve much. Am I looking at replacing the gasket or can it be loosened and torqued/tightened correctly to stop the leak? My guess is no. Im also looking for suggestions on gaskets/installation etc so it doesn't happen again. I have a ford racing oil pan
And a dart block.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
consider running studs

·
Registered
149 Posts
Drop the pan and see if the pan lip is flat and true. I have had issues with stock pans being dented and warped from people over tightening pan bolts.. The FMS pan should be thicker. I have used the felpro 1 piece pan gasket. It works great with the alignment studs it comes with when installing with the motor in the car.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Yes. I'm running studs
you mentioned bolts in your first post but if it's studs than that's very starnge

is this na or power adder combo?

what motor mounts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you mentioned bolts in your first post but if it's studs than that's very starnge

is this na or power adder combo?

what motor mounts?
My mistake mentioning bolts, I have the Arp stud kit.
NA 347 solid roller motor. I have a catch can setup that hooks to both valve covers.

Not sure what brand motor mounts. They are Not solid.

The nuts loosened over time. I never retorqued them after installing the motor. I'm still learning, the hard way. Lol.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
get a 1/4 drive torque wrench as it makes dealing with the small but yet critical bolts and studs, like the oil pan and intake, lot easier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts