Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of steeda offset a arm bushings from summit and there is no instructions in the box. I have looked all over steedas site and can't find install instructions for anything let alone these bushings.

I know some people on here have installed them but nobody has posted up any instructions. I dont need to know how to actually press them in or out I just need to know if there is a distance to be maitained from the lip of the bushing to the control arm or if they go in flush, if there is a distance what is it?. I am more then capable of doing this job and know about supporting the a arm tabs properly so they dont bend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I actually called up steeda today and they had no instructions to give me. The tech I talked to actually told me to call up energy suspension for instructions. What a bunch of BS!

One last question. Are both shells pressed in .100 to .120 from the surface of the a arm lug?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not sure what you're asking, and I did this over 2 years ago so don't remember that much detail. But from one of the pics it looks like I was using the dimes between the shell facing and the a-arm.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats the distance I am talking about. Is it for both bushings? Both large and small? From your pics it looks like that is the rear larger bushing. I am wondering if the dimension is the same for the smaller bushing too?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be pressed in till the flange on the new bushings is flush against the A arm. This will give it the most forward offset possible. Thats how I did mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts