Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
i always go to the one in may. its defintally a hopping place to be. there is alot of stangs among other cars, its for sure the best one of all i think its the 3rd weekend in may.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I reserved my room last year when I was there.
It's always a great time.
I have pictures from last May if anyone want's to see them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i always have a great time, hooters is the place to be. there are always really nice cars there. well i cant wait for may cause ill be cruising my new supercharger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
What kind of events do they have? Where are the popular motels?

Doug

·
Registered
916 Posts
Eric, you lucky [email protected]!!!! I just want to get my car together. Oh well. I should be good to go by May. Do you stay or drive over sometimes? Take it easy man. Talk to you later.

-Billy

·
Registered
485 Posts
BlueMust0589 said:
Send them this way Sawbones [email protected] and where did you stay?
I stayed at some place between 12 and 13th streets. I can't remember the name right now. But it's nothing fancy. It does have a good view of the little road and all the burnout contests. :D

I'll send you a couple pics. Be warned though, they are big...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ocean City

I try and go every year to the big show in may, some bad ass cars up there, I am hoping to have my supercharger in by then, but if not I will still be there, where do you guys live in MD, I live in Federalsburg and go to seaford a lot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
im willing to bet there is, every bit of 1000 cars up there, witch all are bad ass. well any way if everyone is serious about goin, we all should meet up down there. mabey we can get alittle corral cruise while we are there, or stay in the same hotel. up for anything. lets see how many people are acutally goin.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey

I am definately going to OC for the car show if I can get off work, Ill probably go on Fri. or Sat. or both, my friends car (90GTVERT) should have his car done and I am going to see if I can get the rest of my friends with cars to go to the show, HOPEFULLY its nice weather that weekend.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I am deffinitely going to be in on this guys. So, count me in.

-Billy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where To Stay

Well, I may be a Mustang Noob, but I do know where to stay in OC at the May Cruise!

If you want peace and quiet at night, stay up close to the Delaware line, around 130th/140th. If you want a nonstop procession of cars most of the night, stay anywhere that fronts on Baltimore Avenue. But, if you don't care too much about sleep, stay at the Spinnaker:

http://www.purnellproperties.com/spinnaker/

This is where most of the bad boyz stay. Last time I was there, someone would hose down Baltimore Ave in front of the hotel, and the crowd would try to goad anyone into stopping in the water for an impromptu burnout contest. That section of Baltimore Ave. was the most heavily "repaved" of them all that weekend.

For anyone that hasn't been there, it's a ball. Problems are virtually nonexistent, but there is a HEAVY police presense.

If you can swing it, plan to arrive Wednesday evening, to have some quiet time before the bigger crowd shows Thurday evenings/Friday morning.

I know I'll be there!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where To Stay

Well, I may be a Mustang Noob, but I do know where to stay in OC at the May Cruise!

If you want peace and quiet at night, stay up close to the Delaware line, around 130th/140th. If you want a nonstop procession of cars most of the night, stay anywhere that fronts on Baltimore Avenue. But, if you don't care too much about sleep, stay at the Spinnaker:

http://www.purnellproperties.com/spinnaker/

This is where most of the bad boyz stay. Last time I was there, someone would hose down Baltimore Ave in front of the hotel, and the crowd would try to goad anyone into stopping in the water for an impromptu burnout contest. That section of Baltimore Ave. was the most heavily "repaved" of them all that weekend.

For anyone that hasn't been there, it's a ball. Problems are virtually nonexistent, but there is a HEAVY police presense.

If you can swing it, plan to arrive Wednesday evening, to have some quiet time before the bigger crowd shows Thurday evenings/Friday morning.

I know I'll be there!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just happened to stumble across it last year, traveling back from Pa. Had no idea what was going on. I was in heaven. The wife and I just rode up and down the strip a couple hours and even tried to find a room. Ahh, the smell of race gas at the stoplight. Sound of cams and blowers at every corner. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Hey Sawbones, can you shoot me some pics? I have a cable modem so blast away. [email protected] Thanks.
Isn't Salisbury like 30 or 40 minutes from there? Maybe we could arrange a cruise in from there? Weekend after Mother's day, right?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ron,

I remember you talking about stumbling across this event last year...How have you been? I haven't seen you on the boards lately. Are you ready for
more hot wings at Hooters?

Is this for all types of cars or mostly stangs?

Doug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts