Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put an o/r h-pipe with the stock mufflers on their car? does it sound like crap or what? i thought i remember reading that someone said it sounded like crap but that might have been an o/r x or maybe i am just making up random things in my mind. i dont wanna pay for a full exhaust set up right now but would like a nice aggressive sound and i have seen really cheap prices for o/r h's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've done it, on the 98, it sounded somewhere between good to very good. I don't hear a lot of exhausts, so I guess I'm not the best judge, but there wasn't any droning from what I could tell, and outside of the car was loud, but not obnoxious. I liked it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
got that setup in my 96, I like it, I was told by a reliable source that performance wise stockers can handle 600hp, so unless sound was an issue not to spend the money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll tell you tomorrow, because I'm having a Flowtech O/R H pipe installed on my car with the stock cat back:)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I don't know about the GT's but the cobras sound really good with an off road h and the stock mufflers/tailpipes. No dropoff in performance N/A either.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I ran shorty headers and Bbk off road with stock muffs. The car sounded stock till I got on it then it sounded pretty mean. This year I'm runnin Hooker longtubes with off road h-pipe and stock muffs. Maybe I can get some sound bytes by the end of May.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just had a FlowTech O/R H pipe installed today. Yes, it is louder, but in a good way. Sounds like a V8 should. Some people have told me it would smell, but so far I haven't noticed anything. My only problem is one of my MIL's may be bad.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have LTs with OR-H and it sounds mean!
No drone!!!!!
When you give it gas it's great!!!
Plus the cops don't think twice when you drive by them at 2grand.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeh, at idle and up to 2K, it just sounds a bit deeper. So, I can sneak through my neighborhood and by the cops:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts