Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone else upgrade from a MPT76 to a PT7675?

Just removed my MPT76 and bought a Precision PT7675 ball bearing turbo with a .96 a/r. This is the first real turbo I will have owned; just looking to hear of what I'm in for, with some similar experiences on here.

Tim

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
it's a world of difference...I just upgraded from a MPT76 to a Comp HP7679. (basiically the same) and the boost is quicker smoother and obviously it's making more power

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks radically different, I will try and post some side by side pics.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I went from a MPT70 to a PT7675. Not quite the same swap you did but same boost level I picked up .3 and 5mph and this was on a 9 sec car. Good gains! At this point I have went a best of [email protected] on the 7675 on 13-14psi.

When I turned it up on the dyno it crushed the MP #'s, but I have yet to run on the track on more boost.

Which MP76 did you have, Q-trim?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was a Q-trim but I would not swear to it. I should be turning the key this weekend. I hope it goes berserk! Since I have been able to go to 7000 rpm, I really got to see the limits of the MPT76. At about 6000 you could just feel the power fall off. I was used to a T-TRIM @ 18 psi so the punch in the midrange was cool until I could get to to the redline. I remember the first few times i got to run the MPT76 to redline, I was looking around afterward to see if something was wrong with the car. I then started doing research on the turbo and ended up buying the 7675.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts