Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using MM CC plates, and I have noticed a big increase in road noise being transmitted to the inside of the car (since there isn't any rubber to insulate the CC plates from the chasis). Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone tried to use a paper or rubber gasket between the CC plates and the shock towers to quiet it down a bit? Any other ideas? I'd like my car quiet again, but don't want to remove the CC plates.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
I guess quiet is better than performance, there is quite alot of force be applied to the mounts. I don't believe it would be very wise to put a rubber gasket between the plate and the tower sheetmetal. I think if NVH is somthing you don't want I would just sell the MM plates and purchase a brand with eurathane.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I did not notice a big increase in noise when I went with MM c/c plates, even after I installed A-arms with Delrin bushings in them. The only noise issue I had was when one of the bearings loosened up a hair and caused a clunk. Replaced that years ago and it's been fine ever since. BTW this is not a gutted race car full of noise such that I'd never hear a new one, it's a daily-driven full-weight full-interior car.

It causes me to wonder where this "road noise" is actually coming from and how it's getting up to the strut rod to be transmitted through the plate in the first place. Which makes me wonder if you have a wheel bearing problem or something.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I have never been in another car with CC plates so I have nothing to compare it to except the stock plates. I will check wheel bearings etc. when I get a chance. Sounds like my added noise is not the norm.

I mostly notice the noise on the highway, not so much around town.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Yeah, I've had the same experience as MFE. No noticeable change in NVH with the MM C/C plates.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have you rechecked to make sure all bolts/nuts are tight? I've had the camber sliders come loose and it made all kinds noise. Or if the strut rod nut is less than VERY tight the rod will pogo in the bushing.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts