Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am picking up a set of NT01's tomorrow. What tire pressure are you guys running on the track? The car weighs 3400 with me in it. I was thinking starting at 35 hot, and reducing the pressure at the track, but I don't have a starting point. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I wish I could find my notes about the pressures I ran when I had a set of those, but 35 hot is probably a good place to start.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have not run the NT01's but do run the NT05's.
38 Hot works well with the NT05's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know it's not the same all around. Most guys I run with taught me to use a different psi in front vs the rear. I think it's 28 in front cold and 30 in the rear cold. Something like that. I really need to make notes of this stuff :idunno:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Generally speaking, if you have the same size tires (or close to it) at all 4 corners of a Mustang, you would usually run more front tire pressure because of the awful weight distribution.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I ended up around 35# hot on my CTS-V. I never did much real comparison work to find the "sweet spot", but the grip definitely started to drop off if I got them above about 37-38# or so. They seemed to work OK in the lower 30s - the car felt just as fast as the tires were still warming up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm bumping this up! I picked up some NT01's recently, does anyone have more input with regards to good starting pressures for these on a Fox?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My suggestion is to start out at around 30-32 cold. To dial in your pressures, take tire temps (inner, middle, outside) after the tires have gotten warmed up. Your temps will tell the story. Really helps if you have someone do this for you in the hot pits. That is the system my father-in-law use for scca events.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Every tire I have used works best right around 38 hot. I always start at 32 cold at all 4 corners and adjust pressures accordingly to get 38 hot at all 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I start at 30 cold then adjust to 38 hot.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the best luck at 32-35 (depending on the day's air temp) in the front and 30-32 in the rear. Both are hot pressures. My car is ~3300 with me in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts