Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running supercomp long tubes but wondering if the power would be killed if I ran the shorties w 2 1/2 collectors. The rest of the exhaust is 3 inch

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used to run mac shorties on a stock setup, warping on the seperate cylinder flanges was a nightmare for leaks and reinstalls. I’ll never consider another set.

I plan to run accufab mid-lengths when i switch to an aftermarket block stroker. Nice compromise between power and ease of install/ground clearance. I don’t have any first hand experience though. They will build them with the larger bolt pattern for the big heads as well.

Chris

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not sure about long tube vs shorties. But going from 1 5/8 shorties to 1 3/4 mac shorties, I picked up mph and dropped a little et in the 1/8th. This was a s-trim fox body with over 15lbs. Also the new mac 1 3/4 shortie have the solid flange. Don’t have to worry about warping.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
What heads are you running? I wouldn't go with shortys, long tubes will alway make more power.

I had a 363 with AFR 225s and 1 7/8 kooks long tubes. When I replaced them with 2 1/8 primarys I noticed a night and day difference.
Are your bigger headers from kooks also?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
94BlownCobra - Out of curiosity, how much boost are you running and what fuel are you using?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Nice. I was asking because my blower's pretty much done at 15 psi on this motor - you've got 12 mph on me; but 6-7 lbs more boost and more efficiency (and I run pump gas). What's the car weigh?

Sorry for the hijack, OP.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nice. I was asking because my blower's pretty much done at 15 psi on this motor - you've got 12 mph on me; but 6-7 lbs more boost and more efficiency (and I run pump gas). What's the car weigh?

Sorry for the hijack, OP.
race weight was around 3450. Still had the stock K-member and A-arms. Jesus man, I remember how tanky those LTDs were. What's your weight lol? That Whipple probably gets the torque moving for you better then a centrifugal. 140 is movin :wink2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts