Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to mock up my used kit on my 96 cobra for the first time and it doesn't look like I was given all of the spacers or at least not the right ones. Can anyone that either has a kit or the right information help me out. Trying to find out what lengths I need for what spacers. Preferably for an 8 rib setup but ill take what I can get. Bolt sizes/ lengths i can figure out. Any pictures would be welcomed as well, all the old ones are all missing due to photobucket broken links.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I just went through, well, still am going through, something similar. They're not all going to be the same as tolerances stack. I've just been doing mine one step at a time, and figure it out as I go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went through, well, still am going through, something similar. They're not all going to be the same as tolerances stack. I've just been doing mine one step at a time, and figure it out as I go.
I've got a few that are 1" but looks like I need atleast 4.the others seem to be either just a little too long or short to have everything sitting flush. I could turn some down at work if I could get some lengths from someone with a similar setup

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really, it shows the install but pictures arent very good and there is no mention of spacer specifications or hardware. I've got the one for the cobra printed out sitting with the blower right now.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
No way to know for sure, as they're designed for a 100% stock engine. You change anything, all bets are off. Just talked to Vortech about that. I have to space my head unit pulley out, because I have a non-stock balancer, that pushed the crank pulley out a tad. Stuff like that. It's annoying, lol. I still think I need to move my alternator back a bit yet as well. Just one thing after another.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
picked up a dayco laser alignment tool and with the spacersI had plus some washers laying around that made stacks of about .295" I got the pulley to within about a 1/16" of being inline with the innovators west 8 rib pulley. I bought some 1" round aluminum stock that should be in next week i'm going to turn down and make new spacers from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts