Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novi 1200SL Noise Help?

EDIT:
I didn't want to double post but now I am asking about the noise below.

Hello,

I just got a Novi 1200sl carb hat one from Jegs and for some reason it has a long bendy tube coming off of it. I have the self oiled version and instructions indicate this was an oil return line. Why would my SL have this? Do I just remove it and use the cap from it?

Also does anybody know where the vent plug goes. It says it goes in place of the pre installed flat head plug but everything on this thing is hex. Does it just go in the very top hex bolt?

Pics attached. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright figured out its an oil drain line you just zip tie up via this vortech video
Also figured they meant the flat screw with the tag on it so vent is good to go.

I have one more question. For the boost referenced fuel pump does it have to be hooked up to a vaccum line before the carb? The carb hat came with no vaccum port like the carb enclosure shows and I was wondering if I can just use manifold vaccum?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks got it up and running using the manifold vac. Can anyone help me out with this horrific noise. Is it likely pulley related? It sounds terrible when engine is at idle.

https://streamable.com/iqof9

1 - 4 of 4 Posts