Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had these springs for over 4 yrs now along with the tokico's 5 way adj.the shocks are 4 yrs old and the struts 2 months old.the car seems to ride
a little harsh lately,not much control over bumpy roads.could my shocks be worn out ? the adjustments from 1-5 still works good.is there a better spring i can switch to,what about the race springs.car sees very little drag strip action.mostly street and highway driven

·
Registered
998 Posts
What are your shock settings front and rear? If they are set too soft, you won't have enough compressino and rebound damping force to control the springs and the ride will be very bouncy. Mine are set to 5F/4R with my Supersports. Anything much softer than that and the ride gets pretty bouncy.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fronts 3 rear 2.we have bad roads here in Boston.any thing harder gives an awefull ride.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
that's your problem

vortech gt said:
fronts 3 rear 2.we have bad roads here in Boston.any thing harder gives an awefull ride.
You're not getting enough dampening for the springs. They should be 5/5 or 4/3 at the very least. If your worried about the roads, you shouldn't be running those springs. You should try the Steeda Sports. They have a ride closer to stock.

Ken

·
Registered
998 Posts
Re: that's your problem

KenB said:

You're not getting enough dampening for the springs. They should be 5/5 or 4/3 at the very least. If your worried about the roads, you shouldn't be running those springs. You should try the Steeda Sports. They have a ride closer to stock.

Ken
This is true. 5/4 will give you the best ride that is possible with the H&R SuperSports. Anything softer won't be able to properly control the springs. If you think the ride with 5/4 is too stiff, you need to get a softer spring. H&R Sport or FRP C Springs might ride a little better, but you'll sacrifice a little handling. With a softer spring, you would be able to soften up the shocks a little.

I'm a ride development engineer for Tokico, FWIW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts