Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 331 dart motor and a pony down turbo kit. I have a PT-78 turbo with a .81 housing and a 3.5 DP. Right now im making 10-11 lbs and dont think the turbo is even waking up yet.

Car is making 480rwhp through a C4,AFR 185 heads(I know alittle small), and a Victor EFI intake. Converter was way to loose and has since then been tightened up. I have plenty of fuel. Car has DFI and was tunned by Job Spetter from turbo People.

Car will be retuned with more boost just wondering if the car should make more with the 11lbs? And at how much boost does this turbo need to really wake up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
How much TQ?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
you have somebody who's supposed to be one of the best turbo tuners tuning your car, ask him:)

are dyno numbers your goal or track numbers? sure it will make more power with more boost, thats a big turbo. the way it is now it shouldn't have any problem running in the high 9's or low 10's. with more boost, lookout!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have somebody who's supposed to be one of the best turbo tuners tuning your car, ask him:)

are dyno numbers your goal or track numbers? sure it will make more power with more boost, thats a big turbo. the way it is now it shouldn't have any problem running in the high 9's or low 10's. with more boost, lookout!
I will be asking him when he comes back to retune for more boost. I just want more of a pull. It feels good now but I built this motor to handle some high hp and would like to get the most out of the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What is your compression at? The numbers do "seem" low...but like it was said, you should take it to the track and see where you are at too.

·
Registered
664 Posts
get a new converter call Lenny at ultimate converter in milford, ct tell him you problem and tell him dave from wallingford told ya about him....great guy will help ya out and whatever he tells u that u need get it he will not screw you. i had the same issue big motor no power on dyno 10psi with a 76mm....he built a converter for my set up and i have not been back to they dyno but on 12psi i went 10.004 last year with a ####ty 60' ft. i bet you that is 99% your problem. if your man tuned it he is one of the best around so your problem is somewhere else and that is in the converter putting the power to the wheels. good luck man

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have a new converter. I foot braked the car to 2000 and it went 11.40s. I havent used the trans brake yet. My driving skills are not the best since I am still new to this.

I have been looking around and guys with the same set up are making about the same power through a 5spd and I have a C4. It was never retuned after the new converter was put in. Job will be retuning the car in the very near future.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11.4 at 120 mph. My 60 ft was 1.8's. Like i said i left off the foot brake at 2000 and no boost. Not sure on the 1/8 i have to find the sheets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts