Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOS Octane Booster with Nitro Methane

Has anyone tried the NOS RACING Octane Booster? It says it has Nitro Methane and contains MMT with Powertane. What do you think?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I read this artical on octane boost about a month ago and it said that its a big waste of money. Its almost false advertizing, on the bottle it states 5-7 points gain. When I read this I was lead to believe that if you put in 87 octane your would have about 92-94 octane, this was incorrect. You will actually have 87.5 to 87.7 octane in your tank. I don't remember what mag it was from but thats just what I read anyway.

later

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I thought that also but I was reading on the Kenne Bell Website and he said he recommended it. He said Nos racing would increase 8 1/2 gallons by 3.6 pionts and 17 gallons 2.2 points. What do you think.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you make TEL and what are the pros and cons? How often do you have to clean your o2 sensors?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My cousin has been running a home made octane booster in his 347. Toulene, Xylene and Marvel Mystery Oil. It seems to work pretty good for him. Not to mention its cheap. My 2 cents
Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts