Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine just put the kit on his 96 GT. He has the inline pump that came with the kit, WOT switch, and we will be installing a set of NGK TR6's gapped at .035 on Monday. How safe is this setup for a 100 shot. I'm trying to get him to get the window switch and fuel pressure safety switch also. What window switch are you guys using? At what point does he need to upgrade to a larger intank pump etc.

He currently has O/R H pipe, C&L meter, 70mm TB, Steeda pulleys, and Steeda TA (All from my old 00' GT). He is also running Nitto DR's and will be getting 3.73 next week. Will setting the TA back to the factory 10 degrees be enough or should we retard it some. Will he have any tractions issues with the 100 shot and what kinda RWHP and track times are guys with similair setups seeing. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help him as much as I can.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would definitely get the MSD window switch, and the FP switch can't hurt. I'm running all of that on my 5171 kit and I even have an automatic. I've been running mine on the 125hp jet for a couple months now with no problems. I only have the supplied in-line pump with the stock in-tanker. Those should give enough fuel for up to a 150hp shot. Stock timing(10*) should be fine. That's where I had mine before I got the tune. As far as traction issues, it depends on what kind of tires he runs. Being an auto I have no problem at all in first gear with the 15" BFG DRs. My 245/45 Potenzas can't hold it in first though. Check the sig for dyno numbers and track times.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
168 Posts
Hey John, I finally got my nitrous in:)
Get the MSD RPM window switch and pills. Or instead of pills he can get the Nino adjustable rpm module(which I'm using) Its nice because you can adjust the "on" and "off" rpm's to suit your traction needs, I have mine set between 2600 and 6000. I'm gonna play with it some and probably bring it down to 2400 rpms.
About the timing...I'm using a JMS chip also, and I believed its set at about -2-4* timing on the nitrous mode.
When we used the 70hp(it was putting way more than 70hp to the wheels) jet on the dyno it started to lean out(it was putting down some nice numbers though:) ) Chris suggested I upgrade to 30# injectors. I'm not sure about the 96 fuel pumps but the 99+ are only good to support a little more than 300rwhp.

I need to get a fuel pressure safety switch also. I'm afraid I'll forget about that damn traction control button:eek:
Traction shouldnt be much of a problem so long as he doesnt stomp on it from a stop:D I havent had any traction issues with the nitrous coming on at 2600 rpms. Although I'm only using the 50hp jet its putting more like 80hp to the wheels(on the nitrous mode we got a baseline of 230rwhp)

Now only if the shops could get some n2o in stock so I can refill the bottle, its almost empty:D Soon I'll make my way up to Holt and try out the nitrous, maybe I'll get brave and throw a bigger jet in there;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Madmike,
Thanks for the info. He is running 275/40 nitto DR's so they should hold pretty well. I'm helping him put in the TR6's tonight and he is letting me make the virgin run with it. No window switch right now so I'll make damn sure I don't miss a shift:D!

JMWEEZ,
About time :D! J/K. The 50 jet looks to be making great power. That is the kit I was going for before I decided to jump sides. Be sure to email me when you take the beast to the track, I'll for sure be there. I also want to check out the window switch you are running. I'm sure Chad would be interested in your setup. Might even try to make a few passes in the SS. My best run so far is a 8.47 @ 86.8 with a 2.14 60'. I've since added ASP pulleys. As soon as I sack up and put on some DR's, I should be getting some good times. I think you are 7's bound though:D. Look forward to seeing it run. Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts