Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay you Tidewater guys, the 1/8 mile in Carolina is running time runs from 11:00 - 2:00 Saturday, followed by brackets. Gates open at 10am. Street is $20 to run and I think it's $35 for Pro. The guys with drag radials and such can run either class.
We want to meet up in Deep Creek at 9 am. There is a Hardee's and a Food Lion if you need to stock up, and we will aim to pull out at 9:15 sharp. We have gotten spoiled on good spots in the pits(close to the starting line) and want to secure some by leaving in good time. It's about a 50 minute drive from this rendevous spot.
From the Beach, take I-64 to Chesapeake. Go over the "hi-rise" bridge and the next exit is for rt.17. Take the second ramp which will put you southbound towards Elizabeth City or Nags Head, whichever it says. Turn left at the second light which be in front of a 7-11. Go over the small bridge, immediately bear right, and you'll see a Hardee's and auto parts store. Cut thru the auto parts store and gather behind the Hardee's parking lot(which backs up to Food Lion).
See ya then.

·
Registered
145 Posts
See ya there

Ronnie

Hey man, Mike and I will see ya there, I used to live right there by the post office so I know exactly where you are talking bout. I tuned my car tonight, changed the plugs, pulls to 6900 with a hitch so now I am anxious to see some times!! :evil: Never braket raced before though... :confused: Well its all for fun. See ya SAT!! :joy:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post office?? You talking about the one up by Military Hwy? If so, that's the wrong one. The one across from the intercoastal waterway is the one. See ya.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wooohooooo

i can't wait to run, does anyone have a cooler? i think i have a small one, but i will have to do some searching, since i am in the middle of moving, anyways let me know,

josh, is your girl going?

or is anyones wife/girlfriend going? that will let me decide if my fiance comes.

anyways later on

MIke

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna go too. Look forward to meeting you guys. Mike, can I meet up with you beforehand and follow you down there since you're on my way?

·
Registered
145 Posts
OHH.. duhhh..

Yeah I know where that is... but I still used to live by the post office on the other side.. hahaha... Anyway, I dont know if my girl is going or not, she said she doesnt want to watch me die.. I was like its only an 1/8 mile..hahaha. I will let you know Mike. Call me later.. see ya'll there

Josh

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah yeah yeah

duckman, you can meet me at my house, and you can follow, the question is, can you keep up??????

lol

anyways that would be cool, gotta go

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
madmike said:
Damn Ronnie, I wish I could go. I have already told a guy at work that I'd help him move this Saturday. I guess I'll be going somewhere the following weekend since I'll be all tuned up and runnin' right;)
Guess you won't be needing those tires this weekend then...

Ed

·
Registered
482 Posts
As a matter of fact, I won't. I don't think that Lloyd is going anywhere this weekend either. The tires are over at Lloyd's house and we are going to be doing his LCAs this evening. If you want to borrow them just give me a call when you get off. Maybe you could come meet us at his place and pick them up if you want? I'll have my cell with me. He lives in the Aragona area right near Giant Square. Let me know if you wanna come get them tonight. We could possibly use another hand with his LCAs:D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Mike, I really was just joking. I didn't plan on a track visit this weekend. I'm currently out-of-town and posting this from the in-laws computer. I'm here for a court date. I'm attempting to evict a "person" from a property I have in NC. Win or lose, this whole process is draining me emotionally and financially, so I probably won't feel much up to a track visit win or lose.

Hope the LCA install goes well, I would have liked to be there. I've never done any and will probably do my own someday. Hey, look at it this way, when I need too do mine I'll have you two young, smart and experienced guys to help me out. I'll just buy the beer... when Loyd gets old enough to drink it anyway.

Good luck guys,

Ed

·
Registered
482 Posts
I gotcha:) I hope that everything goes ok down there. I know that property down there has been a big headache lately. Hopefully you can get those ******** outta there and get someone trustworthy in it.

The LCA install was a bit more than I expected. Mine were tough when we did them a while back, and Lloyd's didn't seem any easier. I think we may have it figured out now though(after two times of doing it:D) If I do much more work on these damn Mustangs I'm gonna need some beer! LOL They get aggravating a lot of times.

Take care down there and I hope you come back with a smile on your face. See ya soon.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'll just buy the beer... when Loyd gets old enough to drink it anyway.
Decembers not that far away at the pace this year is going by. ;) If you get yours before then, I like Sprite. :p

Your right Mike. That was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was sure it wouldnt have been any worse than yours.:rolleyes: The one thing we have learned is that there are very few true bolt on parts. It seems like we always cut or grind something. :confused:

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
I didn't get my DR's yet, so it is likely I won't go. I'd have to run my slicks, and I really don't want to grenade a rear end just yet. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey Bob, I have a set of 275/50-15s on those ugly/heavy wagon wheels that you could use if you want. They are over at slosvt's house and could get them to you somehow. I'm going to pick him up early in the morning for a trip to True Blue to get mine dyno tuned. If you want to try and work something out we can. I think you have my home email, but it's [email protected] if not. Let me know.

Mike

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
madmike said:
Hey Bob, I have a set of 275/50-15s on those ugly/heavy wagon wheels that you could use if you want. They are over at slosvt's house and could get them to you somehow. I'm going to pick him up early in the morning for a trip to True Blue to get mine dyno tuned. If you want to try and work something out we can. I think you have my home email, but it's [email protected] if not. Let me know.

Mike
Those tires are like that Italian 16 year old chick with big hooters I knew in High School. They get around and everybody gets a turn! :)

BTW, I'm back. I won my case. But I don't think it's over yet. I really don't like lawyers very much.

Ed

·
Registered
482 Posts
Edward Clark said:

Those tires are like that Italian 16 year old chick with big hooters I knew in High School. They get around and everybody gets a turn! :)
I don't think I met her? :idunno:

BTW, I'm back. I won my case. But I don't think it's over yet. I really don't like lawyers very much.
That's good that you won. Too bad that it took so much money from you:( Hopefully it won't be much of a pain in your ass now. Take care and keep that head up. I'll talk to you again soon.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
madmike said:

I don't think I met her? :idunno:

Why not? Everybody else did!

That's good that you won. Too bad that it took so much money from you:( Hopefully it won't be much of a pain in your ass now. Take care and keep that head up. I'll talk to you again soon.
That's the problem, they are theatening to appeal. That just drags on the whole thing. I keep losing more money every month.

Ed

1 - 20 of 39 Posts