Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
North Racecars SN-95Cobra 11.65 kit for Fox body length axles.

www.northracecars.com

Bought the caliper brackets, hardware, Fox length 5-lug axles(Yukon 28 spline), and the cables for $440, they don't list that as an option, but if you call and talk to Richard - that's the deal.

Traded in a set of junkyard core calipers (SN-95)at Advance Auto and a $100 for a pair of reman calipers, and another $25 for cheap pads until my Hawks get here.

Bought a set of new brake lines from Classic Tube, already modified for the brake conversion for $40(in Stainless Steel). With these tubes, this was an absolute plug and play modification.

Here's the part number....

Part No# FD1019C
Make / Type Ford Rear Disc Kit - M-2300-C Kit or M-2300-E

Rear Axle Lines

Model / Size Mustang
Year 1990
OE Steel $30.00
SS Steel $40.00

http://www.classictube.com/

Took about two hours to install everything except for the parking brake cables, everything fit good. As I'm changing around the parking brake lever/mechanism, I haven't assembled the new equalizer, etc. yet.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks good, I bought the rear caliper brackets for Cobra brakes on a Fox and they fit perfect, were delivered fast and I got excellent customer service. They even called me back after they were closed. Thanks northracecars!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'll be doing the same thing axles are ordered w/ North car race cars help. Waht kind of drag wheel can be fit on there now w/ teh Cobra set up??

·
Registered
933 Posts
So classic tube has the pre-bent hard lines that adapt to the SN95 soft lines without cutting and reflaring the stock hard lines? I couldn't seem to find those on their site.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1991CALYPSO said:
So classic tube has the pre-bent hard lines that adapt to the SN95 soft lines without cutting and reflaring the stock hard lines? I couldn't seem to find those on their site.
Yep, call them, you want the M-2300 conversion lines.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does this setup push out the rear wheels. I know they are fox length axles, but does the dosc brake setup puch the wheels out farther than drums would?

Thanks
Gus

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
bump

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
bump

·
Registered
350 Posts
I installed the Northracecars disc set up on my FFR Cobra with a 1992 fox rear end in it. The parts fit great The brakes worked perfect . Was a hell of a improvement over the drums. I used Hawk pads front and back.They didn't move the wheels out . Roger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts