Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First mustang and its a 87 hatch and it has a 2.3 turbo engine and t5 to back it. I do plan on modding the motor a bit, but was considering tracking the car some and building it faster as i got a good feel of it.

I have disc brake and five lug swap parts already.

I have been looking at qa1 coilovers, but if wrong someone help me out!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Before we can give you advice, we need to know more about your plans for the car. Are you building it for an actual road racing class? Auto-x class? Budget? Street driven? Daily? Etc.

Also, I suggest going back through this sub-forum for the past two years and just reading. You will learn the advanced basics of mustang handling. For in depth stuff, go read corner-carvers threads for a few months (not kidding).

As for QA1s, aren't they Chinese drag racer junk? Get real coil overs like Konis or Bilsteins. Maximum Motorsports has a ton of useful information available on their website regarding what spring rates they recommend with what strut/shock packages.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Also, I suggest going back through this sub-forum for the past two years and just reading. You will learn the advanced basics of mustang handling. For in depth stuff, go read corner-carvers threads for a few months (not kidding).
I agree with this advice. You need to understand the short-comings of the Fox chassis suspension and what is needed to correct these problems. Once you understand the issues, then you have a point of reference for your plans for the car. Otherwise, it really comes down to putting stuff on and trying it out which is costly and generally, disappointing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts