Ford Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
I thought I remembered a thread where you detailed restoring the seats, listed some resources for where you found parts, etc. But damned if I can find the thread now - tried the Advanced Search, and tried looking through your posts. Am I remembering wrong (it was someone else), or can you point me to the thread?
It was me. I think I piggybacked on someone else’s post. I remember the thread but a quick search doesn’t find it. I’ll have to search in the AM when I’m on a PC

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Found it. I think

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Yup, that's the one I was thinking of, thanks!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Installed a new LMR steering wheel.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
The Lurker
902 Posts
I was curious about it. Several reviews said it was smaller than the OEM one.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Time for a bump to see what you have been doing to your Fox with some of the extra "stay at home" time. I know somebody must have been doing something cool out there....

Not a big project, but I replaced my missing door striker bushings today. Who knows how long they have been gone, but they were both AWOL. About $4.00 for a Dorman 38424 Door Striker Bushing kit fixed it right up. This ought to stop the extra wind noise I had noticed the other day.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
OK I got a question.

On my 93 coupe daily driver, it has a compass/temp rear view mirror. I put it in last year I think it was. I was out of town all weekend, car sitting outside in the hot sunshine. Came in yesterday and the mirror is dangling from the wire. The button came off of the windshield. This has happened before on the other car. I have been using the Permatex adhesive kit that Autozone/Oreilly/Advance/Napa (and all the rest of the stores) sell locally. I assume the heat it the culprit.

But what do I do? I'm sick of gluing the thing back on once a year. I mean it's ridiculous. OEM stuff stayed on for decades (including my F250), why can't I get this thing to stay? Is it the adhesive or? I've followed the destructions I mean instructions perfectly each time and it still comes off.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Here are some recent upgrades I’ve made to the 93 Cobra

200mph Saleen gauges, I was very excited to find these. I painted the needles with Testors and I think it came out fantastic.

Here we have the Momo knob and boot, revlimiter.net gear pattern medallion, 1995 Cobra ebrake handle peeking out and the period correct Alpine tape deck that has been modified to play BT through the cd changer port. I installed it using a 1993 Cobra R radio delete panel that clips right in instead of the hideous screw in radio mount for these cars. Seriously folks, stop using that piece of crap looking mount.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Seriously folks, stop using that piece of crap looking mount.
you’d think someone came out with a cleaner radio mount for these cars. I realize the fox has tons of exposed screws, but last think I want to do is drill into my virgin console.

I wish there was a no-drill (screw) double din mount

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Here are some recent upgrades I’ve made to the 93 Cobra

200mph Saleen gauges, I was very excited to find these. I painted the needles with Testors and I think it came out fantastic.
That looks great. I have the same gauges but black faced.

Reactions: thadude

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
you’d think someone came out with a cleaner radio mount for these cars. I realize the fox has tons of exposed screws, but last think I want to do is drill into my virgin console.

I wish there was a no-drill (screw) double din mount
I’d bet the radio delete will work for that. I used the mount cage as a template and I’m sure the same could be done with a double din. The only thing to watch for is not cutting the tabs with the cutoff wheel they hold it into the dash snuggly.

Another option is one of the many vintage Alpine units on ebay with along with a BT adapter from these guys

that is for the “cd changer control” units, they also make one for the Ai-Net stuff.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
OK I got a question.

On my 93 coupe daily driver, it has a compass/temp rear view mirror. I put it in last year I think it was. I was out of town all weekend, car sitting outside in the hot sunshine. Came in yesterday and the mirror is dangling from the wire. The button came off of the windshield. This has happened before on the other car. I have been using the Permatex adhesive kit that Autozone/Oreilly/Advance/Napa (and all the rest of the stores) sell locally. I assume the heat it the culprit.

But what do I do? I'm sick of gluing the thing back on once a year. I mean it's ridiculous. OEM stuff stayed on for decades (including my F250), why can't I get this thing to stay? Is it the adhesive or? I've followed the destructions I mean instructions perfectly each time and it still comes off.
The last time I did mine I used 3M 08752, which is supposed to be better than the Permatex (according to the intarwebs). It's only been about 20 months ago, and 99.5% of the time the car has been under a car cover not being driven, so I can't really say whether the 3M is any better. Can't hurt to try it, though.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
OK I got a question.

I suspect for whatever reason one of the surfaces didn’t get cleaned sufficiently. There’s nothing wrong with the adhesive I’d bet.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
OK I got a question.

See FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants they have two Rear View Mirror Adhesives

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
OK I got a question.

Prep matters a lot. If you don't get both surfaces perfectly clean, it falls off in the heat. I've had mine drop a few times. The latest time, I used some IPA to clean both surfaces, used gloves to handle the parts, and then applied tightly and it's held for 2 years or so. Granted the car doesn't sit in the hot sun all day, but I've had it in the driveway on a 95 degree day and it's held. Before, it would drop the mirror all the time.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
I’d bet the radio delete will work for that. I used the mount cage as a template and I’m sure the same could be done with a double din. The only thing to watch for is not cutting the tabs with the cutoff wheel they hold it into the dash snuggly.
I'll check it out. I want to find a cleaner mount option for a DD unit. As much as it pains me to remove my rare Factory 93 CD player and put it on a shelf, I really would like a modern touch in this car. I want something I can interface with my phone with easily and do pandora, spotify, Waze (nav) and other features without having to touch my phone. I also want it android based, so I could potentially load MS shadow dash to show some gauges.

BTW this thread is one of my faves as it's where I got the inspiration to install my Gentex mirror with Compass/outside temp/dimming and homelink. That was a fun project and easy to do.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
OK I got a question.

My original '86 button came off from heat about 8 years ago. I used the Permatex adhesive as well. I left the car in the garage for the curing period and never had a problem again for the following four years. However, at that time the windshield was replaced so no idea how the stuff would have held thereafter.

141 - 160 of 199 Posts