Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently put a turbo kit on my 1994 Mustang GT. It has a horrible hesitation, but idles ok just a little high (1100). The car doesn't go at all , hesitates horribly even with the accelerator to the floor , but then when it gets to about 3500 it roars to the top of the tach..bad coil? Vacuum? I'm lost. Anyone have any advice? MSD digital6, blaster coil, kennel bell NAP, SCT chip , BA2400 got a mail order tune and AFR is close. WTF??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
mail order tunes may be ok for full throttle but wont really be great for drive ability

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should my AFR be at idle? WOT? So are you saying the problem is in the tune? Less fuel needed at low RPM??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
could be. i should go through all of your intercooler piping make sure its all good, no exhaust leaks. fuel pressure checks out, and look at the plugs. wot a/f 11.0-11.7 is where you want to be. idle could be 14.7-13.5 and would be ok is there any smoke?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
What's the af when you have the problem? What's the spark plug gap?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on going through everything this weekend. I found a small vacuum leak on the back of the lower intake and a few small exhaust leaks. I will be fixing this weekend. I had someone recommend using no exhaust gaskets and using copper high temp on everything. I was told by the tuner to remove the vacuum line from regulator and set the pressure to 40 with vacuum line off. I was also told to set the base timing to 10* with spout removed. I can't remember plug gap but it was to tuners specs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
who did the mail order chip?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kurgan Motorsports. I know a few local guys with his tunes and they are great. I think I may have given him some bad info for the fuel curve.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
have you called kurgan on your issue??? and what info could you have given him for your fuel curve???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't heard back yet. He sent me a base tune with 3 fuel curves tune 1, 2 is + 10% fuel and 3is +15% fuel. I was supposed to make a few WOT blasts and tell him where the AFR was best. I think I told him the wrong fuel curve, but I don't know

·
Registered
156 Posts
Huh, i was told he dosent do mail order chips anymore.
I would like to have a kurgan tune, bc theres no tuners out my way, and ive heard hes the best with mail orders

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Huh, i was told he dosent do mail order chips anymore.
I would like to have a kurgan tune, bc theres no tuners out my way, and ive heard hes the best with mail orders
you cant just trailer it to memphis,tn? its not all that far from you depending on what part of arkansas you live in

·
Registered
299 Posts
I plan on going through everything this weekend. I found a small vacuum leak on the back of the lower intake and a few small exhaust leaks. I will be fixing this weekend. I had someone recommend using no exhaust gaskets and using copper high temp on everything. I was told by the tuner to remove the vacuum line from regulator and set the pressure to 40 with vacuum line off. I was also told to set the base timing to 10* with spout removed. I can't remember plug gap but it was to tuners specs.
May be a stupid question, But you put the spout back in right? Got to ask because there are a #### load of people who try to do the the timing lock thing instead of getting a tune done right. And you put the vacuum line back on the regulator too? Because when you state it the way you did it confuses people. Since that’s the way it should always be adjusted. Just covering bases.

Bottom line is I think you just need to get it on the rollers and have a tuner adjust anything that may need it on the tune. Kurgan is known well for his turbo tunes but its hard to hit it on the head with a mail order tune.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I don't blame Bob one bit, he is the man and that is why I chose his mail order tune over bringing it to a local guy. Bob made this tune for me 8/10 , so its been over a year. I don't know if he still does mail order tunes anymore or not. I have an 85 GT with a 408w and a 2001 lightning, so when I put the chip in and it wasn't right it kind of went on the back burner for awhile. Now that my other 2 projects are done I'm ready to get this straight

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Sounds like a MAF transfer issue.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I recently put a turbo kit on my 1994 Mustang GT. It has a horrible hesitation, but idles ok just a little high (1100). The car doesn't go at all , hesitates horribly even with the accelerator to the floor , but then when it gets to about 3500 it roars to the top of the tach..bad coil? Vacuum? I'm lost. Anyone have any advice? MSD digital6, blaster coil, kennel bell NAP, SCT chip , BA2400 got a mail order tune and AFR is close. WTF??
you do realize that you have a great selection of local tuners with dynos in just about any direction from you :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well share the wealth then, who do you recommend? I know Total Induction in S.Windsor but who else? Am I going to need a completely new tune or can the tune I got from Kurgan but used and just correct whatever the problem is?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts