Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually when I turn the key you hear a buzz, then hit the key and it fires. Some wires got burnt(from the battery), but the car turns over, but no start. I've read some posts about the fuel relay but I don't know where to start to look for that or the ECM? or a fuse. any ideas would be helpful. 1991 5.0lx. thanks

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
its all in a EVTM wiring diagram for your year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or someone could just tell you...the fuel pump relay is under the driver seat. I've had fuel issues with 2 foxes so far, one ended up being a bad ground on the pump housing/sending unit...whatever you want to call it. The part that's in the tank. It has a ground on the top of it, where the connector plugs into, then it has another ground on the underside of the top. Mine had corroded the ground on the underside of the top and I had no humming for priming when I turned my key on. So you may need to drop your tank and check that and the connector for it if swapping the relay doesn't work. And then on the second fox, after I checked all that, I came to the conclusion that it was a bad ecm, which is located under the passenger kick panel. If you take it to ford they'll be happy to swap out ecm's for about 400 bucks. Or you could do like I did and buy it from autozone and swap it out during your lunchbreak. It literally took me 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
you don't need to drop the tank to find a bad ground..........they make volt meters now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts