Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in southern california and am wondering if DR's would be suitable for a daily driven car. I drive the car 35 miles a day mostly in traffic. I would like to hear from people who have DR's on their daily driven stangs. What kind of milage are you getting from a pair?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I have them on mine.They were like any good sticky tire.Most guys i know have gotten 10~12k miles out of them.Im have 2 k on mine now looks like new.
Just be careful in the rain they arent the best but i only drive mine on the sunny days anyway.
I drive 100 miles daily they handle fine and hook like crazy;).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Mine hooked up great on damp pavement, as I have found most sticky tires do, just watch out for lots of standing water. Expect 8-12k out of them depending on how hard you drive, maybe less if you do alot of burnouts.

A

·
0 Posts
I've got 3,000 on mine and they still look new. Hook like glue. I drive about 40 miles a day or so, highway and city. I figured I'd rather pay the same amount of money for DR's that hook good and last 15K miles than pay for some ZR's that don't hook great even when they're new and only last 20K miles.:D

-Johnny V.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for the information looks like some DR's are in the future for my car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had mine on for about 10 K and never had a problem either.....I live in Seattle so I have seen plenty of rain with these tires too! Never had a traction problem or felt unsafe with the tires....

Oh.....I did have a problem once when it snowed though! Slid around on the road a bit then ended up getting stuck on the bottom of my hill to go home! LOL!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Love mine! Only had them for about 1000 miles, but they do very well in the rain. Haven't had them in snow yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
These are nice comments to hear!! :) I used to have Nitto DR's on my 01 GT as a daily driver and they did great in dry and wet weather except I wouldn't risk going to fast on the freeway or any reckless driving and they should handle just fine!!

I don't mean to jump in on your post but I am converting to 15 inch rims out back - 15 x 10 Weld Prostars to be exact and will be running the BFG DR's because I have heard they are a GREAT DR!! I was curious if anyone has any experience with these as daily driver tires!! Dry, wet, snow, etc. . . . anything and everything - I am just curious but already have the tires so am pretty sure I am going to use them anyhow . . I can be cautious!! :D

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I hear the BFG's are a better DR in some cases.But on the street the BFG's only last at the most ive seen is 6k miles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Had mine on for about 600 miles.. and about 5 healthy burnouts.. still look new.. I don't drive the car unless its sunny.. I drove in the rain once with the nittos.. still hooked.. I'll buy more when these are showin belts!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I,ve had the same set of the drag radials on the rears for the forth summer this year,up here were i live i can only drive 6 months max,so far i have 15,000 Kms on them and still look to have deep tread left on them,i do think i will try some BFG,s when these are done though just for comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts