Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After careful consideration I have chosen nitrous as my next mod. I have a few questions though. I know running dry is the way to go, whats recommended for a stock internal DOHC? 75? 100? 125? 150? What kind of gains in power and speed can I expect to see? What other mods are needed as far as safety precautions will I need, timing adjuster? Gapped plugs? Etc? What brand is recommended? NOS? Nitrous Express? Any help is appreciatged, gains, prices, advice, etc...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm running a NOS 5115-2 kit on mine. 150 shot, no timing adjuster, no window switch, just the kit. I may be the only person here who doesn't run those items (now that Mad isn't hangin' here any more) I run NGK TR6's gapped at .035. I launch @ 6-7K on the bottle and have gone as low as [email protected] through the cats (no offroad pipe yet) on E.T. Streets. I'm upgrading to a C-locker, 31 splines and 4.56's very soon (sitting in the floor right now), along with megabite jrs and an offroad pipe. I'm looking for 11.50's, I think it's very doable after my next round of mods.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't give you any times yet, but I am running the NOS 5171 with no window switch. Right now I am using the 100hp jets but will be throwing the 150hp (max for kit) in very soon, I just wanted to get used to spraying. I would estimate that the 100 shot would drop 1 sec off the 1/4 and the 150 1.5 secs, give or take a tenth or two. So if N/A you can run a flat 13 (which I MIGHT be able to do, have not tried yet) then either a 11.5 - 12.0 is what I would expect with good driving and traction with a 150/100 shot, respectively. I went with Autolite 764 plugs BTW, as I couldn't find the NGK's I wanted locally. Once I have some times I'll let everyone know!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have no window switch or any other safety item. I do plan to invest in a fuel pressure safety switch though. I run autolite 764's gapped @ .035. With the mods in my sig, bone stock from the factory suspension and a header leak :) It went 11.78 @ 115.6mph I just recently replaced my driver's side header gasket and the car actually picked more than I thought it would. I think 11.5 @ 118mph should be within reach next time at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts