Ford Mustang Forums banner

nitrous solenoids?

733 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fastcobra50 
#1 ·
well i bought a car with nitrous on it, it has a super powershot solenoid for the nitrous side and a cheater fuel solenoid, wouldnt the bigger solenoid feed more fuel than the smaller solenoid?...causing a rich condition when spraying?...i am a complete rookie to nitrous so i have no idea really if its fine or not

has .055 nitrous jet and what looks like a .062 fuel jet, figured it to be about a 125 shot

#3 ·
If my knowledge is close, it doesnt necessarily matter what solenoid your running as long as the jets are correct. It doesnt matter how big the solenoids are if its jetted down.

Whichever is the smaller solenoid, take your jet numbers off that. Flow more and spray less over visa versa and you will be safe

#4 ·
yea the NOS super powershot jet chart shows those jets to be a 125 shot, i have quite a few other jets, are the nitrous jets and fuel jets the same size/style?...a nitrous jet will fit on the fuel side correct?

the power shot is only rated to 150hp correct?...i may jet it up to that and make a few passes

#5 ·
As mentioned the jet is the limiting factor. Because of the jets you are using I assume you have a carbed engine. Also mentioned was using a larger n20 jet than fuel. This is the case when using efi that has 40+lbs of fuel pressure vs 6-7 lbs of fuel pressure on a carbed system. Running a .062 n20 jet and .038 fuel jet on a carbed engine will cost you at least 8 pistons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.