Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What shot of nitrous is safe on a 97 GT with bolt on's but no internal engine modifications and also what is the best brand?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Safe? Define safe. With fuel system upgrades, I've heard people on this board run 125 shots safely... as long as you dont become ignorant and blow up your intake.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well nothing is safe if it isnt installed/used properly. I have been running a 150 shot safely (to the motor) for over 2 years. All i did was a bigger fuel pump 255lph, an adjustable FP regulator, and colder plugs. car has over 90k miles on it. And i spray like a mad man Just ask Willrace4food, he knows how i am with the juice, lol. The motor has been taking it well, but my driveline suffered from the TQ of the 150 shot and i broke my T-45 and stock rear last year. I am selling an NX kit that is about 8 months old in great shape with all the goodies. Check out the classifieds if you are interested.

NOS and NX are the best ways to go. Really depends on if you want a dry or wet kit. Wet kits make a little better power. Neither are safe if used improperly i.e. spraying under 3000 rpms, etc... Or if you want to spend the $$ go with NOS's new noszle kit. That is the way to go. I have a GP going on for them right now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i've had 125 for two months, and a 150 (fat) now for the past month, and it's fine......i got a fuel pressure gauge, and EGT, and 255 in-line fuel pump.

it runs fine...only scary part so far was running too rich one time and gackfired (from exhaust side, not intake) and messed up an exhaust gasket on the passenger side......no biggy though

the main thing is to always make sure u have enogh fuel, and not put more nitrous then ur car can handle......the extra pieces NOS sells r helpful for safety purposes ie: window switch, FP cut-off switch

I don't know if u subscribe to NMRA's RACE PAGES, but in this months issue they have a HUGE write-up on nitrous & the do's and don'ts of it.....that should answer alot of your questions. The main thing that they said new-comers to the nitrous world don't understand, is having a constant, safe bottle pressure......too much or too little can make a big determination in how well your car runs. Look for the magazine if you can...it has a picture of Billy Glidden having a nitrous backfire (go figure):joy: on the starting line with fire coming out of the front of his hood scoop...he said it was causesd by a bad valve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts