Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be running an s-trim and intend to run a meth injection setup to keep the iat's down. My machinist thinks it would be best to have the meth injected through a throttle body spacer plate like a nitrous bar plate used in wet kits. I am more inclined to just tap a hole in the charge pipe pre tb.

Has anyone done a plate setup like this? Need input!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Logically thinking, I would tend to say he is correct for like upper to lower plate kit. I believe I have seen plates like that for meth setups on the web already, but little info on them. Alot of talk on other cars doing direct port meth injection now as well. I would say there is likely little benefit to doing a throttle body spacer for injection though unless there is a bar that goes down through to give more spray area to disperse more.
But overall, I would treat the logic on meth injection the same as nitrous injection. It still needs to disperse to all cylinders, so whatever you need to do to get that affect. . . .

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have been thinking about the same thing I have the nitrous express plate kit on my car and it has 2 stages. I only use one stage and I have thought about trying to use the second stage for meth.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just call Nitrous express they said for me it wouldn't work due to it would come out as a steam of fluid and not a mist. As long as it comes out as a mist your good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I figured as much. As nitrous changes state to gas immediately the plate doesn't need to atomize it, the meth will stay liquid going through the same plate.
Snow performance actually sells throttlebody plates apparently(https://www.snowperformance.net/category-s/129.htm) just not one specific to a foxbody. The wizard and I have been mulling over modifying a spacer or even egr plate but I still figure it will be washing the intake wall. I'd prefer to have a nozzle aimed directly at the tb but he thinks the meth being corrosive will cause problems down the line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 96 I know its a diff set up, but I put mine just after the T/B in the 90 deg bend before entering the intake due to what I saw when I took my procharger intake pipe off (pre T/B), ya, you could say corrosion (even on the throttle plate screws) from recondencing once it hit the tube wall. So, needless to say I had to get a new pipe from procharger $80 and like I said I mounted mine in the 90 deg elbow going directly down into the intake for good atomization and good dispersal into all the cylinders, also there is nothing for the spray pattern to make contact with and re condense, and being an aluminum intake less corrosion with methanol.. So, yes it does come out as a mist but if it hits any hard surface it will reform to a solid state liquid. From my personal experience try to stay away from putting the nozzle within close proximity to anything at 90 deg angle. I had it @90 deg angle about 3" pre T/B in a powder coated 3" Stainless Steel intake tube. And for reference I was spraying until 5 psi. Deff like the tuning benefits, that's a big plus, but choose your placement well. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts