Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old NOS nitrous plate and solenoids and dont want to have any problems once I get the new motor up and running so I am going to buy a new plate and solenoids . I will only be running a 100 shot at first then bump it up to 175 . I do plan on buy more of a system than I need so I have room to grow later when I build a better motor with a dart block .

1st on a single stage system is one brand plate better than than others ?
2nd on solenoids is one brand all that much better than another quality wise and staying with a known brand ? And staying in that 400-500+ HP range

I have looked at the Edelbrock victor pro solenoids rated at 500+ hp and the rpm 2 nitrous plate . Has anyone used the edelbrock setup
Give me your thoughts . Thanks

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Personally i like the design of the Nx stuff. I have their single entry plate on mine with HSW noids... i already had the noids or i would have gotten a full kit from Nx. I would always look for a bottom exit noid.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I'm about to try the Nitrous Outlet Stinger plate, single entry and good for 700 HP worth of go juice.

I've used the speedtech diffuser with a .120/.102 jet spread and it seemed to work well with the car running in the [email protected] mph.

I've used the NX Propower plate with their recommended .082 jet setting and went [email protected]

I've used an old simple spray bar cold fusion plate with a .072 jet setting and been 5.80s I think.

I expect to go faster on the nitrous outlet plate with a .99 jet than I did with the .120 on the diffuser.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
x2 on stinger kit. Ive got a ls swapped/stick car. its ben [email protected] 118 in the 8th with a 0.078 jet. I had a nos cheater before and I ran into a restriction somewhere on the n20 side of the system on the dyno. U wont have any regrets on going with the stinger.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I would start by using what you have, rebuild the solenoids (easy and cheap ) If you have a N.O.S. Cheater plate that will work fine for the horse power levels you are reaching for. save your money for bottle refills... its addicting..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts