Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
NX Jeremy said:
These settings are for 40-45psi fuel pressure at WOT only. If a person wants to use this jetting they have to run this pressure at WOT, otherwise the A/F will be wrong. Also, this jetting IS FOR A SINGLE SHARK NOZZLE ONLY.
HP N2O Fuel
35 31 18
50 35 20
75 41 24
100 52 31
125 57 35
150 62 38
175 73 41
200 78 46
225 82 46
250 88 48
Is this w/ a -4 nitrous line to the nozzle?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Poitininc. said:
Is this w/ a -4 nitrous line to the nozzle?
The above jetting is using a -4 main feed line to the solenoid. Up to 150hp you can use the -3 line that is supplied with the system to go from the solenoid to the nozzle, above that and I would recommend getting the -4 SHO line to go from the solenoid to the nozzle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
NX Jeremy said:
As long as you change your -3 line to the -4SHO line, then yes you can run 200hp throught the single nozzle without any problems. This is assuming that you have a fuel system that will support this level of power.
I ran a single nozzle kit up to 200hp with the -3 line without any issue... I was told that stepping up to 250hp hit requires the use of the -4 line. I was using the EFI Race system... now I use their plate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Poitininc. said:
EFI Dual stage plate jetting please.Thanks Brian
Gemini Twin 5.0L Plate Dual Stage

HP --- N2O --- Fuel
50 --- 41 --- 24
100 --- 57 --- 33
150 --- 70 --- 38
200 --- 82 --- 44
250 --- 88 --- 46
300 --- 136 --- 52

single set of spray bars
1 N2O and 1 Fuel Jet per setting

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If iam runnig 18 degrees btc and only shooting 150, runnig 93octane, then your saying I shouldnt have to retard my timing? New to nitrous just asking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuel Pressure?

I was wondering what a good stable fuel pressure is to keep for the fuel solenoid. I am setting up a independent fuel system for my nitrous and have been hearing between 6 and 15psi but mostly around 6/7psi. Is this correct or does it depend on the manufactuer/specs on the solenoid?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
75-100 HP shot

Would I be safe doing like a 75-100HP wet shot on a carb'd system with 9.5 to 1 compression on 91 octane pump gas??? I know you recommend 92 or better, but it hasn't been available around here since I've been old enough to drive! Also, what's a good average price for refilling bottles??

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Any idea what goes wrong or what sys is usually used when you see guys blowing there intakes off there engines because of a backfire.I would like to install a kit on my car but i am afraid Ill end up blowing my newly built engine up.Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any idea what goes wrong or what sys is usually used when you see guys blowing there intakes off there engines because of a backfire.I would like to install a kit on my car but i am afraid Ill end up blowing my newly built engine up.Thanks

i would also like to know, i see it happen all the time

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
hey jeremy, ive borrowed a kit from a friend that he has pieced together, it consists of a -4 feed line to NOS cheater noids with hard tube to the shark nozzle, the schrader feeds the fuel side thru a -4 line then another hard tube to the nozzle, jetted n2o-52, fuel-33 (a fat 100 best i can tell). i put this on my HCI 347 with an SC trim vortech, and i love it! the problem is as it got colder friday nite i noticed the ets going away... when i checked the logs i noticed my AFR's were BAD lean on the spray, the car is tuned for the boost and runs a perfect 11.5. im hoping to go back to the track this friday, the plan is to get a few jets stepping up on the fuel side and see if i can get the AFR's back. fuel pressure is holding tight at 45# in boost and spray (new 300 LPH intank). i guess i dont have an actual question in mind, just wondering if you have any suggestions... does spraying a boosted motor create any strange factors in not considering?

·
Premium Member
4,771 Posts
Chances are your leanness was plugs misfiring. Did you tighten the gap up on the plugs when you started spraying? As the evening went on it got cooler, your computer was putting more fuel in to compensate for the denser charge. Also, what boost are you running? 45 psi does not sound right unless you are only putting 5 psi of boost into your engine or you don't have a boost referenced AFPR

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Chances are your leanness was plugs misfiring. Did you tighten the gap up on the plugs when you started spraying? As the evening went on it got cooler, your computer was putting more fuel in to compensate for the denser charge. Also, what boost are you running? 45 psi does not sound right unless you are only putting 5 psi of boost into your engine or you don't have a boost referenced AFPR
thanks MM for the reply, the plugs are at .028"... i cant be 100% positive about the fuel pressure, that was just a quick glance... im gonna have to get more used to moving this quick... everything was a blur. according to the logs im making 9.87 psi @ 6000. i might mount a video camera inside aimed at the FP gauge.

·
Premium Member
4,771 Posts
Do that for sure. You need to verify that the fuel pressure is keeping up with demand volume. If your pressure is falling off, you are def going lean. If you run static of 40 psi, and you are putting approx 10 psi of boost to it, then you should see 50 psi of fuel pressure min. If you are not seeing that, then the spray is putting too much of a demand on your fuel system and it's time to spend more money or sell the nitrous.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Do that for sure. You need to verify that the fuel pressure is keeping up with demand volume. If your pressure is falling off, you are def going lean. If you run static of 40 psi, and you are putting approx 10 psi of boost to it, then you should see 50 psi of fuel pressure min. If you are not seeing that, then the spray is putting too much of a demand on your fuel system and it's time to spend more money or sell the nitrous.
the plan is to get an 8" crank pulley and work the boost to around 15#, then back the nitrous down to a 50 shot, i might be doing a standalone fuel system for the nitrous... 1 gal tank where the battery is right now, ect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got a question. Just say i have a Dart 363 engine..compression maybe 11:1..able to run 93 octane. Ok, with good suspension, fuel system, and etc is it possible to go to track and retard timing and everything and run race fuel and spray up to 300 shot of nitrous? Also i have a 90 coupe, will it be possible to put down low 6s or high 5s? Mr. Ed Curtis told me i cant build a pump gas engine and MAGICALLY run race fuel at the track.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sure you can. what it will run is always a guess a 363 dart motor on a 300 shot better go 8's thats all i know.

id imagine you mis understood what ed curtis was trying to say. you can build a race track /race gas setup that on motor can run around town on pump fuel.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts