Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum stuff so I do something wrong sorry. Anyway I have 2015 GT. I put on a JLT cold air intake with a Bama Tune, Flowmaster catbacks and 100 shot of Nos. Well I hit the button the other day and Bam! Through the intake at WOT. Had a ticking noise after that. Yesterday I put a colder set of plugs in it started the car up and the ticking noise was still there, but went away. Before this event my a/f ratio was around 14 at idle, now reads about 17 at idle. Can not seem to see any leaks or cracks in the intake. Does ANYONE think I can take back to the dealer for warranty? I know funny right? Only 3k miles on the car and I blew it aready. Could the sound been a injector or a valve that sort of re seated itself, maybe need a compression test? I'm an old car guy new to EFI realm. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I'm pretty sure they will know you messed with it. A nitrous backfire will usually blow something out in the intake system. No doubt something cracked.

·
Registered
892 Posts
What RPM is your nitrous being activated at and what system is it? If youre lucky, the nitrous hiccup didnt hurt the intake because the throttle body was wide open at wot, allowing some pressure release through air filter. Need to baseline with stock plugs and make sure everything motor-wise is all okay at wot and driving normally before any more nitrous hits. Then go over nitrous tune and install so that you arent relying on luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NX Proton air intake nozzle style. I was around 4g in 3rd gear. I use a button. I realize what I did wrong (too much timing/ wrong tune installed). My question would be about the lean a/f now. At idle originally 14. Something Now around 17. Intake gasket or a crack I cant see...was that the tapping I heard a leak. I wanna just rip the intake of and upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts