Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a 2 step to my MSD box to he;p with consistent launches, however I am running my ZEX kit on on a WOT switch.
I should only be on the 2step for a few seconds after staging, however I don't want to be wasting the nitrous few that time. Also I am unaware of what issues could be cause from being on a 2 step with the nitrous activated.
What are y'all running?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Looking to add a 2 step to my MSD box to he;p with consistent launches, however I am running my ZEX kit on on a WOT switch.
I should only be on the 2step for a few seconds after staging, however I don't want to be wasting the nitrous few that time. Also I am unaware of what issues could be cause from being on a 2 step with the nitrous activated.
What are y'all running?
you definately do NOT want the nitrous activated on 2 step! its best to use a relay to control you nitrous kit so your not having to pull power for the noids thru all your switches, add a second relay using the normally closed side, then wire the coil to the trigger for your 2 step so when your on the 2 step the relay is open, as soon as you release the 2 step trigger, the relay goes dead and closes, energizing the juice. done.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
id adapt the transbrake wiring for a nitrous car for this. just run the trans brake wire to the clutch switch

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks I will try and add the relay to my setup as I have my kit hard wired currently.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
id adapt the transbrake wiring for a nitrous car for this. just run the trans brake wire to the clutch switch
i like this idea too, using the clutch switch as the trigger for the 2 step AND the nitrous. wont be able to powershift when N/A (which i like to do), unless you add a switch as a defeat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts