Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a comp cams xe274hr; grind # 35-518-8. I am not going to run this since it does not go well with my combo I anticipated. I am asking $200 shipped in the lower 48. Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold to COP_STANG.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Justin,
I have no connection to Jeff other than selling him some stuff last week. He has been a 100% stand-up guy while I've dealt with him. That said, he asked my opinion on the cam you shipped him, and I think you should really consider stepping up and refunding Jeff his money, and letting Jeff ship that thing back to you on your dime. Sure, it hasn't been used, but that's because it can't be used due to the rust, and chunk missing out of the lobe. You've got a zero feedback, and this would be the perfect time to show the Corral you're a trader that's worth having instead of another guy who doesn't need to buy/sell/trade here. I'll let Jeff post pics up, but I've seen them and I'd be ashamed to sell something like that without disclosing it before the sale. It might be never used, but it is certainly not "NIB" as Comp would never ship you something that looked so bad. I'm getting Jeff the opinion of one of the top cam grinders in the business and will be glad to copy you with his reply. PM me your email, and I'll send you the pics I sent him and his replies. Here's to hoping you'll fix this....

Chris

·
Registered
880 Posts
Still going to let Jeff post pics, but here's what I got back from Steve Tanzi, President at Erson Cams. My email is first, and Steve's reply follows:

Steve,
I kindly need your professional opinion on the pics that are attached. It’s a SADI core Comp XE274HR for SBF. A friend of mine bought the cam, which turned out to be third-hand (a guy had bought it from another guy, and then my friend bought it from #2). It was sold as brand new in box. From the pics, you can see it hasn’t been run, but is the rust on the lobes cause for concern in your opinion? What about the lobe that has the chunk missing from the side at the peak? To me, that was most concerning. I don’t know enough about the rust issue and knew you’d be able to help a guy out. The guy that sold it to my buddy of course says there’s nothing wrong with the cam, so I figured the words of a respected cam guy in the industry should set this straight. Thanks,

Chris
Chris good to hear from you again, well it looks like that camshaft has been exposed to a very damp climate for who knows how long. The scarred metal which was obviously the result of surface rust is not a good thing because it has diminished the life of the camshaft as opposed to a new one. By that I mean it has compromised the surface whereas the initial wear will now be accelerated. You can subtract roughly 10,000 miles from the life of this cam. The notch out of the lobe could be an area of concern, especially if it is in or near the path of the roller lifter. If it is not near the path then it is of no concern other than the cosmetic effect. I did find the XE274HR hydraulic roller camshaft which I would expect to be ground on a SADI core but not a solid roller core of any kind should be ground on a SADI. As far as the camshaft being a used one, I cannot tell that by looking at these pictures. Usually there would be a visible path up the opening ramp of the lobes if it had been exposed to any kind of load. In any event I hope he didn’t pay to much for it, $20.00 would be normal for a camshaft in that condition at a swap meet.

Steve Tanzi
Operations Manager, Erson Cams
16 Kit Kat Drive
Carson City, Nevada
775-882-1622 ext.4
So Justin, the ball's in your court. Hope you do the right thing.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Justin I see you've logged on a few times since I've sent you several PM's with no reply. Please respond.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You can file a claim in the Corral.net Negative seller/buyer feedback section to alert others on the board! Make sure to include the thread link so that others can read what has happened.

File a complaint with Paypal for either item not received or item significantly not as described. If the seller does not resolve the issue, escalate the issue to a claim within 45 days of the transaction and attempt to recover your money. EDIT: Disregard, since PayPal has proven they don't care about protecting your money.

If you paid with a Postal Money order, kindly inform the seller they are committing FEDERAL mail fraud as well, and your Postmaster is most happy to assist in filing these claims.

You should also file a claim with www.ripoffreport.com to make the alert more widespread. Please read that board as it has a lot of useful information.

Last you can file a claim with www.ic3.gov who works with the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center. Claims can be files on behalf of someone or as a group if needed.

When buying or selling anything please collect as much information from the person on the other end as possible. Things like home address (No PO boxes), phone number, full name and also check in the feedback section and with other members on their experiences. This will save a lot of headaches!!!
Here's my suggestion for plan of action, Jeff.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
well I wish he would just reply so we can deal with this.

I also emailed comp cams tech support the photos and they concur - it's a turd.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well Justin you are a theiving A-hole. I opened a dipsute with paypal so you'll at least deal with this. What do you do? You escalate it to a claim so that they investigate. And what do they do? Close it because:

Your seller has chosen to escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. Byending communication with you and escalating to a claim, the seller isasking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part ofour investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had inthe Resolution Center. Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our UserAgreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goodsreceived. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue arefund. -----------------------------------Transaction details----------------------------------- Seller's Name: Justin SiekmanSeller's Email: [email protected]ler's Transaction ID: 23K48527DU8336937 Transaction Date: Oct 10, 2010Transaction Amount: -$225.00 USD

SO BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DON'T BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
For him to escalate to a claim so fast implies he knew how Paypal would handle this... I didn't even know they would handle it like that, and I have been using Paypal for almost 8 years! So Jeff, get on the horn in the Classifieds feedback area here, and follow the other steps listed in my post above. Paypal might let Justin steal your money, but certain government entities don't take kindly to stealing. Which is what he did. Also, send a shout out to any Corral members that live near him, you've got his address as well. It's a shame that there continue to be dirtbags that deal like this and screw honest people trying to enjoy the sport they love.

Justin- don't worry. Karma is a real bitch. Just remember the next time you get fxxked on a deal, you earned it, buddy.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
It's a shame that there continue to be dirtbags that deal like this and screw honest people trying to enjoy the sport they love.

Justin- don't worry. Karma is a real bitch. Just remember the next time you get fxxked on a deal, you earned it, buddy.
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have had nothing but good dealings with all the forum members. guess I am lucky? Is the $200 that you got from this guy for your cam sale worth being known as a dirt bag. DO THE RIGHT THING if not,carma will get you. I had a cam from my split 347 comp nitrous roller. Had a fey marks in it I tossed it. Don't worry guys a clown like that builds crap 99% of the time anyway. Atleast you did"nt put it in to find out it was bent or had a bad lobe that was polished out

·
Registered
880 Posts
Oh yeah, and this "new in box" cam- Comp verified with Jeff by using the serial number on the end of the cam that it was ground and sold in 2004. SIX YEARS AGO. No wonder why
teal_94gt said:
I am not going to run this since it does not go well with my combo I anticipated.
What you really meant was, "I am not going to run this because I know it's a piece of caca and I'll pawn it off on some sorry MF by using pics from somebody else's eBay auction. Sucker!"

Jeff, can't hurt to call his local police department, and file a complaint. Can always cross your fingers and hope he's got an outstanding warrant, then they can go pick him up and add larceny to his list.

94_cobRa and splitblock302, thanks for chiming in. We need to stick together as a community to keep each other safe from these leeches of our hobby. Together, hopefully we can prevent any more people being screwed by this lowlife. Mods, I know it might be a tall request with this being his first negative, but what does somebody need to do for you guys to ban his IP?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Jeff, can't hurt to call his local police department, and file a complaint. Can always cross your fingers and hope he's got an outstanding warrant, then they can go pick him up and add larceny to his list.
Chumps like this are a disgrace to this hobby. Call his local police department and see if they are willing to help.

If I was in this situation I would not be taking it very lightly, not because of a $200 hit, but because of principle. I would personally be returning this "NIB" cam to his doorstep. Sheisty people like this dont get very far...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Unfortunately, Jeff is reliant upon the RCMP on his side of the border. His chances of getting this dirtbag's local authorities depends on if he gets someone in a good mood. Hopefully Jeff can post his info up on this thread and somebody in his neighborhood in Nebraska can visit him and give him some etiquette lessons :D And I'm sure Jeff would be willing to give some gas money or something of a "finders fee" of whoever gets to teal_94gt first!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
10-19-2010, 03:25 PM
COP_STANG

Trader Feedback: (10)

Re: camshaft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by teal_94gt
Jeff,

Ok, how is it not useable? I bought this from an individual nib and it looked just fine to me. I am confused on how it can be scored from sitting wrapped up? I am sorry you feel that it can not be run in your motor; I am not doubting your judgement it's personal opinion. What are you proposing exactly? I don't feel that there was anything wrong with the camshaft or the description(misrepresenting the product). Thanks, Justin

Justin,

Received the cam today....however we have a problem. It's not useable in it's present condition. Several areas of it have what appears to be scoring or marking from being exposed to moisture. Obviously it's been in the box for quite sometime. I couldn't make that out from the pictures you sent me. Some of the areas could possibly be cleaned up at a machine shop but that's a guess. The one lobe that goes in the journal (large lobe)has a very rough surface. I'm doubtful this can be polished out. There is no way I'd run this in my engine. So while I believe it's a new camshaft that hasn't been run, it's rough from sitting.

How can we resolve this? I'll gladly send you pics of what I'm talking about......

Thanks,
Jeff

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I told him that I wasn't even ticked off just wanted something done about it. I wasn't tring to be diffiuclt about it, just wanted a "New in Box Camshaft."

I can honestly understand if it was a mistake that you thought it was new. I mean it's never been ran in a motor but it clearly clearly has defects. Maybe you didn't think they were defects or they were even a problem. So why not make things right? Or maybe you thought you would pass on your crap to me? With your lack of response I tend to believe the latter.

So Justin I know you've seen this thread. PM me and we can take care of this.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.