Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have the following.
Steeda timing adjuster, under drive pullies, MAC cold air, 98 maf (w/ post), aluminum drive shaft, bassani x pipe, straight pipes (waiting on magnaflow gp to materialize).

I was thinking about a chip but can't find the justification on the price. I drive A LOT of highway miles so gears really aren't that resonable either. Any suggestions on how to get more ponies, or more of them to the ground would be greatly appreciated! :joy:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hmmm

I don't think you need a chip just yet. Headers may be a good investment... cams... then a dyno tune. Wait a minute! You don't have gears? You need them believe me. They will not affect driveability or gas mileage. I drive about 60 miles a day to and from work. As well as driving home on leave (NC to NYC 1600 round trip) twice a year, without much if any difference in gas mileage. I have 3.73 (wish I went with 4.10s)... Regardless, it will wake your car up.

Rigo

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hmmm

rigcol said:
I don't think you need a chip just yet. Headers may be a good investment... cams... then a dyno tune. Wait a minute! You don't have gears? You need them believe me. They will not affect driveability or gas mileage. I drive about 60 miles a day to and from work. As well as driving home on leave (NC to NYC 1600 round trip) twice a year, without much if any difference in gas mileage. I have 3.73 (wish I went with 4.10s)... Regardless, it will wake your car up.

Rigo
How much did your gears w/ the installation cost?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Gears

I agree with Dwayne 200% Firstly, go with gears... P&P the heads as well as cams... Or just get some re-grinds if you don't feel like pulling the heads right now. I payed 300 and something for gears installed.

Rigo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts